Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

On the right track for dreadlocks?

Jordan Tyler Moore
@jordan-tyler-moore
12 years ago
8 posts

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if I'm on the right track, I used the backcomb method and I've been leaving my hair alone, I plan to wash it with the ACV and Baking Soda mix. I've had them for 2 days and they seem to be unraveling... that's normal right? I'll try and get a picture if i can.

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS. I know the back one looks like it's just from sleeping on it weird or something but it was intended for a dread lol, and lastly I know i spread the starter dreads out quite a bit. It's a little bit harder for me because I had Skrillex hair before hand... one side shaved, so i had to bring hair from the other side over or something.

updated by @jordan-tyler-moore: 02/14/15 05:52:57AM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

It's okay for them to unravel. That's how they dread. They look as they should for 2 days. :)

Just wash and separate when needed, that's all you should be doing. :D

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They need to unravel a bit in order to lock. Movement is what creates knots. If they were held in place in the original position, they'd never lock. So don't worry about that.

When you do the BS/ACV wash, don't mix the 2. You may already know. I'm just making sure from the phrasing you used. Do the BS first, rinse it out well, then the ACV

I can't see the back locks. But they are probably ok. If they are spread out too far, the sections may be kind of big. How many locks do you have on the back of your head?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dunno what skrillex is

but the pulling hair from 1 side o the other might nmean too big of sections or hairs from 1 dread giing into another tc.. i would just let em dread naturally as they grow

which you will end up doing if they unravel more

just sometimes when u force dreading and force sections they reject the sections and try to split into 2 atthe roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jordan Tyler Moore
@jordan-tyler-moore
12 years ago
8 posts

I have like 2-3

Baba Fats said:

They need to unravel a bit in order to lock. Movement is what creates knots. If they were held in place in the original position, they'd never lock. So don't worry about that.

When you do the BS/ACV wash, don't mix the 2. You may already know. I'm just making sure from the phrasing you used. Do the BS first, rinse it out well, then the ACV

I can't see the back locks. But they are probably ok. If they are spread out too far, the sections may be kind of big. How many locks do you have on the back of your head?

Jordan Tyler Moore
@jordan-tyler-moore
12 years ago
8 posts

Google skrillex under images, and you'll see the shaved part im talking about.

soaring eagle said:

dunno what skrillex is

but the pulling hair from 1 side o the other might nmean too big of sections or hairs from 1 dread giing into another tc.. i would just let em dread naturally as they grow

which you will end up doing if they unravel more

just sometimes when u force dreading and force sections they reject the sections and try to split into 2 atthe roots

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

2-3 maturing locks? Or 2-3 sections? That's not much. They will probably turn out to be pretty huge. 1 inch sections should give you around 5-7 locks back there.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

2 or 3 over the whole back of your head? thats ..crazy..

even with 1 side shaved off

guesstimate the size of the root area where the hairs from each dread connect to thescalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jordan Tyler Moore
@jordan-tyler-moore
12 years ago
8 posts

maybe like 1 in. - 1 and a half inches maybe..(im not quite sure i quite understand the question. and i only did half of my head, other half no dreads

Also just the side of my head and back to my ear, it's not really 1/2 shaved off it's more like 2/5 maybe.

So exactly how big are we talking.. lol

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Sorry. if you did your whole head, would you only have 2-3 locks on the back of your head? Or would more fit?

1 inch sections are about as big as you would want to go unless you want super thick locks. When they mature, and grow out, locks take on the width of the section. So you'll end up having locks that are an inch or bigger wide. If you want thinner locks in the end, you'll want to make the sections smaller.

If you do want bigger locks, let me know. They take special care for in washing and drying

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form