Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Reddit is full of bad advice.

Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

Does anyone here get on reddit? If so, do you ever get on r/dreadlocks?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dreadlocks/

I don't like it there. There is some good advice, but at the same time there is some really bad advice.

updated by @rose: 02/14/15 04:46:31AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your surprised? almost every dread related sites full of bad advice theres hardly any sites that give mostly god advice and we are the only 1 that only gives good advice

theres maybe 1 or 2 ..possibly 3 others (out of tens of thousands) that give more then 50% good advice id guess

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

It's just so weird. I don't know why people do all these things to their hair, when dreads are like supposed to be the most organic way to wear hair! They take something organic, and basically make it processed. They have processed dreads, yup.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea it makes no sense i had a guy try listing his shopin our shops the description was

we cater to mostly corporate types and caucasians that want dreads fast our process creates fully formed dreads in under 2 hours

the site link he provided didnt work he didnt even know his own sites url eeven though he ryped it twice..worong..

i really wanted to look at it for a laugh

but instead replied that id have to review it before listing cause we dont allow harmfuul products or services...hvent heard back

dreads in 2 hours?

even the fastest crochet takes way longer and the faster u do it the more sever the harm

all i could guess is they just twist it up in loads of wax

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy i just figured out what he used..not wax but..knox gelatin the same crap they used in the 80s to make mohawks stick straight up and hard

idiotic

--
Ashley Kent
@ashley-kent
12 years ago
16 posts
I go on Dreddit quite a bit, despite the lack of frequent activity. The majority of people on there a pro natural dreads, but I think the best way of summing their morals is that they just let people do what they wanna do with their hair.Reddit's full of opinions and knowledge, so as long as people read more than one post that might be a bad influence, they should hbe alright.Also, they have some great dready pictures!
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I do enjoy the pictures on there, and I do see some pretty sound advice. But lately it seems bad advice drowns out the good advice. I don't care if people dread naturally, or strictly promote the natural method. It's just that I see comments on there that say things like "keep rolling the fuck out of them shits", and I just feel like that's not very helpful at all. I see more and more of those types of comments every time I go on there.

But yes, basically I agree that if they read more than one post people should be able to form their own opinion.

Ashley Kent said:

I go on Dreddit quite a bit, despite the lack of frequent activity. The majority of people on there a pro natural dreads, but I think the best way of summing their morals is that they just let people do what they wanna do with their hair.
Reddit's full of opinions and knowledge, so as long as people read more than one post that might be a bad influence, they should hbe alright.
Also, they have some great dready pictures!
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

That's crazy. When I hear about people that use stuff like that I just think they're missing some basic knowledge.

soaring eagle said:

actualy i just figured out what he used..not wax but..knox gelatin the same crap they used in the 80s to make mohawks stick straight up and hard

idiotic

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha i remember on another site this guy described the method he used as the 'pleasuring" method..hetwisted a section then stroked it the way a guy would masterbate and said "you have to pump it furiosly till you feel heat, if you smell, smoke you know your doing it right"

Rose said:

I do enjoy the pictures on there, and I do see some pretty sound advice. But lately it seems bad advice drowns out the good advice. I don't care if people dread naturally, or strictly promote the natural method. It's just that I see comments on there that say things like "keep rolling the fuck out of them shits", and I just feel like that's not very helpful at all. I see more and more of those types of comments every time I go on there.

But yes, basically I agree that if they read more than one post people should be able to form their own opinion.

Ashley Kent said:

I go on Dreddit quite a bit, despite the lack of frequent activity. The majority of people on there a pro natural dreads, but I think the best way of summing their morals is that they just let people do what they wanna do with their hair.
Reddit's full of opinions and knowledge, so as long as people read more than one post that might be a bad influence, they should hbe alright.
Also, they have some great dready pictures!

--
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

That's seriously stupid lol, people will do anything.

soaring eagle said:

haha i remember on another site this guy described the method he used as the 'pleasuring" method..hetwisted a section then stroked it the way a guy would masterbate and said "you have to pump it furiosly till you feel heat, if you smell, smoke you know your doing it right"

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form