Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My DREAD-full journey<-- see what I did there

DreadedThor
@dreadedthor
12 years ago
12 posts

Hey all, so I let my hair get to about 3" after I got out of the Army, as everywhere I looked said thats the minimum you should have to start.

I'm planning on going as natural as I can, i.e. no wax/backcombing etc. what I did do though, was started out just rubbing my hair clockwise for a few days to mat my hair up, as you can see in the pic.

Today, was the first time I used a wool cloth(my old army beret, which I thought was kind of poetic) and did the whole wool rub. Which after the state my hair was already in, worked incredibly well!

So, I'll be updating as time goes on, and am very much looking forward to this!!!
This was from the couple days ofbare handrubbing

Shot of the the back after 1st wool rub

Shot of the front after the 1st wool rub

updated by @dreadedthor: 02/14/15 05:19:47AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the min length for natural is actualy 6 inches rubbing will only create a generally knotty mess which has to be tore apart..just stop rubbing leave it alone let it grow and dread as it grows

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

thats really cool! i've never seen anyone do this method.

DreadedThor
@dreadedthor
12 years ago
12 posts

EDIT: SO, here's what my nugget looks like as of yesterday-22Sep. The MAJOR difference is that I shaved the sides and back, which I plan on keeping short, and just growing out the top!! The one thing that's....silly, is every morning when I wake up, my dreads are sticking strait up, like a crown. I'll have to post a pic of that too. And ladies, feel free to hate on me for my shirt, most do!! :D

Also, I am going to be starting college at the University of Louisville in January getting my degree in computer engineering and computer science. So, I'm looking forward to seeing my dreads progress as my education does!!!

Here's the Front shot

Here's a shot of the back

Left side

Right side

aaaaand, the top of my nugget

updated by @dreadedthor: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
DreadedThor
@dreadedthor
12 years ago
12 posts

See what I mean!!

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
That is effing. AWESOME! I love the weird things hair does when it's just getting started! Good luck, you've got some great sectioning going on!
DreadedThor
@dreadedthor
12 years ago
12 posts

Alrighty folks, here is my most recent update. As of Day 69...lol! Its looking good, they're really starting to come together. And, as an added bonus, as someone with plaquepsoriasison my scalp, my head has never felt better since only using BS and ACV mixes!!

Logan Arehart
@logan-arehart
12 years ago
13 posts

that's actually super interesting! they look awesome, and the crown is an added bonus for being awesome!

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
Amazing! And as per your previous comment, I think that shirt is funny lol
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

They look great!!

/ 2

Dislike 0