Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Never using shampoo again!

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
So it's been a little over a month, and I had my problems. Mainly not using the oils to rinse after my bs/acv rinses. Well I ran out of baking soda a few days ago and *gasp* had to use regular shampoo. My hair felt slightly sticky after my wash when it was still wet, and when dry my hair fluffed out and all my sections seemed to frizz together. My scalp itched all day, and the bumps that i always had behind my ears that had finally gone away came back with a vengeance. The worst was that I literally had clumps of my knots falling out. I was at work and found 3 seperate 2-4 strand knot clumps on my apron. So after work today I picked up another box and washed again with a 20min soak. My hair feels sooo much better. The sticky feeling is gone, the frizzies and itches are gone and my sections are mostly back. So yeah never using shampo again... Ever... I'll be greasy... I'll beg borrow and plead for $.58 if I have to. I never realized how much better my hair feels not using shampoo until yesterday.
updated by @myschyf: 01/13/15 09:34:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what "regular shampoo" was it tho?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Pureology antifade complex essential repair shampoo. It's what I was using before i started dreading & the bs washes, because I dye my hair alot, and it was 100% vegan and no sulfates. But it's in the garbage now lol.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Normal shampoo is terrible for dreadlocks.

The BS wash is great, but you could always use Dr. Bronners or the Dreadlockshampoo.com soaps. They are specifically made for locks and will make them super clean, and they won't itch at all

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
It was an emergency situation. I ran out of bs, and only had the regular shampoo. Not letting that happen again. Though I am ordering a bottle & bar of the Dreadlocksshampoo.com shampoo for future emergencies & travel situations.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I used bs and acv today for the first time in months and months today, I'm still flaky as all hell on the top of my head by my hairline but my scalp feels amazing. Not itchy at all. I've had to use regular shampoo on a couple rare occasions over the last year and didn't enjoy it one bit
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You may have some buildup there from it. Have you used a clarifying shampoo to clean it up?

Mama Kat
@mama-kat
12 years ago
7 posts

I started using diluted Dr. Bronner's withlavenderEO or a BS mixture a while before I stopped brushing my hair, less and less often, until it was once a week...I was afraid the itchy scalp thing would scare me away!! I have only had it once, when I went a few days over my normal week. I use the Dr. Bronner's or BS mixture on my 2 older kiddos now also =) I have friends who say using a clarifying shampoo works...but meh, BS is way cheaper lol =)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

BS is cheapr. And clarifying shampoo should never be used more than 2-3 times a year. But it's good to use if you have buildup. One goo ash with it should remove most all of the buildup

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form