Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

walk tall as the trees... my dread journey

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

ok so i finaly decided to document my progress.

june 2012 i started neglecting my hair. just using shampoo and not brushing it. i also put a few twist and rip dreads behind my ear.

july 2012 started to section my hair and put a few more tnr dreads in

august 2012 my hair seems determined to just congo so twist and ripped whole head.

This one is from 25/8/2012, me and my besties in Brighton UK. one of my fave places ever!! i always 'find myself' in Brighton, i feel so free there. oh an my babies loved the sea spray and the sea air on the pier!!! Will throw some more pic from here on my albums...................... till next time! <3

UPDATE: OCTOBER

my hair seemes to have settled down alot not too much frizz which is kinda a relief. got a fair few kinks and bumps now which im really enjoying!! and my endss dont seem to be comming any looser getting alot of posative feed back, had a lot from customers in my work!! which is really refreshing!! people who i wouldnt expect to appreciate it.

Wear it pink day (cancer awareness day) at work so put in pink wraps!!

updated by @blasphemyblack: 02/14/15 09:35:23AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if it was determined to congo it was determined to dread and all u had to do was seperate and let it dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

well having one giant matt on the back of my head that to seperate i had to RIP apart didnt seem too much of a good idea to me.

the amount of breakage and damage it did i didnt see that TnRing it would be anymore damaging!

well its done now and thanks to the weather and going to the coast for 3 days i have had sea spary nd sea wind dreads,

the water has made them really matty nd the wind has loosened and pulled bits lose so now it can dread up more naturally!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

cool look forward to seeing how they progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

**pix up now!!**

Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

They look great! Especially the blue ones!! I look forward to more pics as you progress :D Peace x

Lewis
@lewis
12 years ago
3 posts

Liking the dreadies <3 how they doing now ?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

you look like a mermaid:)

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

Thanks guys for the comments so far.

my dreads are doin great. have just got back from 2 weeks holiday in Lanzarote. lots of salt water and letting my hair sun dry has really worked wonders. got a fair few kinks and bumps now. getting a bit of fuzzy and lose roots but i can control the fuzz and loose roots are part of the process.

some of my dreads are stating to feel pretty solidly matted now. really excited with how much progress ive got.

also i now have an aloe vera plant so will soon have raw product to work with for my roots!! no more fussing bout shampoo an stuff jus sea salt wash and AV for my roots!!!

more pics sooon!!! x

BekahMuffin
@bekahmuffin
12 years ago
2 posts

J'adore! absolutely gorgeous color! TNR was the best for me as well because when I ripped those congo would be's it left these:

totally destroyed them and now they're literally 4 inches shorter than the rest of the surrounding hair which is okay since they're underneath the rest of my dreads and blend in.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form