Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Flat dreads

Elvira Figueroa
@elvira-figueroa
12 years ago
24 posts

Alot of my dreads are flat, i think it might be the way i sleep with them which is just in a ponytail? they're just 3wks & 3 days, another question is i washed my dreads with the BS/salt ACV twice already it my hair feels crusty or hard in a way?

updated by @elvira-figueroa: 01/13/15 09:34:23PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Ok, don't worry about flat locks:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/don-t-worry-about-flat-locks#.UDpRn9aPWSo

You should be washing more often. Twice in over 3 weeks is going to make your hair kind of gritty. You should be washing 2-3 times a week.

If you have hard water, the BS doesn't dissolve and won't wash out well, but that would usually leave a sticky goo, or flakes. So I'd bet it because you haven't washed your hair enough

Elvira Figueroa
@elvira-figueroa
12 years ago
24 posts

i have washed my hair more than twice sorry i phrased it wrong, and what do you mean by hard water?>

Baba Fats said:

Ok, don't worry about flat locks:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/don-t-worry-about-flat-locks#.U...

You should be washing more often. Twice in over 3 weeks is going to make your hair kind of gritty. You should be washing 2-3 times a week.

If you have hard water, the BS doesn't dissolve and won't wash out well, but that would usually leave a sticky goo, or flakes. So I'd bet it because you haven't washed your hair enough

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Hard water vs. soft water is dependent on how much undissolved minerals, like limestone, shale, or granite, are in the water. Soft water has very few. Hard water has a lot.

Different areas have different water. Because of the hardness of the water, BS doesn't always dissolve completely. It may look like it does, but it's just gettingdispersedthroughout the water.

Elvira Figueroa
@elvira-figueroa
12 years ago
24 posts

Alright, well im feeling around my hair and it feels like a unpleasent feeling i wouldnt say sticky but dry and unhealthy

Baba Fats said:

Hard water vs. soft water is dependent on how much undissolved minerals, like limestone, shale, or granite, are in the water. Soft water has very few. Hard water has a lot.

Different areas have different water. Because of the hardness of the water, BS doesn't always dissolve completely. It may look like it does, but it's just gettingdispersedthroughout the water.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you're in the US, the soaps and shampoos from dreadlcokshampoo.com are amazing. They leave you feelingmoisturizedand super clean

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u may have overdone the salt

that will dry u right out too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form