Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey! I know this might not be the best way to intoduce myself but..

Joey Paone
@joey-paone
12 years ago
17 posts

my names joey im 21 years old and i always have wanted dreads but never had the balls to grow out my hair (pretty much cause i have a giant fro) but anyways i did not get them yet but earlier today i half assed some backcombed dreads just to get an idea of what i would look like with them, i wanted to know what you guys thought, just to get some feedback to see if they dont suit me at all, even though i know dreads arnt about what everyone else thinks but im just curious =) thanks

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jgoogle13579/photo-d.jpg

updated by @joey-paone: 01/13/15 09:34:01PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They look ok, but from the picture, it looks like your sections are pretty big. The locks may not seem that big, but as they mature and grow out, they end up being roughly as large as the section. it looks likeyour sections are about 1 inch or bigger for some. If you want fat locks, let me know. I have massive ones, and can give you some tips on how to wash and dry them so they don't grow mold inside. fat locks retain more water fr MUCH longer.

Joey Paone
@joey-paone
12 years ago
17 posts

Yeah i defiantly want skinnier dreads, so thanks for the tip, and ps i was looking at your profile and noticed your also from philly, go flyers! haha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your from philly too join our new site www.phillyhangout.com tooooo

now i would actualy comb those out and go natural backcomb looks goofy as hell early on plus you have the perfect hajr for ntural dreads and vbackcombing extra curly acfro like hair is extra damaging to the hair

so comb em ot[=ut start washing with a dread shampoo or use the baking soda recipe and watch it dread it will dread fast but if u want skil=nny dreads seperate often to keeo em thin'

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

No worries. Where in philly are you at? I'm in the North East.

Yeah, I'd comb them out, and start just washing with a lock friendly shampoo/soap. There are a few really good ones. In Philly, you can use either Dr. Bronners or the BS/ACV wash without worrying about hard water. Or Bucks County Soap makes really nice ones. Their site is dreadlockshampoo.com. Vicki love dealing with people from the area and is really friendly. She ships super fast too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea she not only makes the best dread soaps shes super kind..and local is nice too

--
Joey Paone
@joey-paone
12 years ago
17 posts

thanks guys, i will defiantly get my dread shampoo from there, it definatly seems more legit than that stupid dreadheadhq website, but im from hatfield its like right outside philly in montgomery county, you probably heard of like hatfield hotdogs and shit haha

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

lol. One of my paintball fields is up 309, right outside of Hatfield

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive smelled hatfield hotdogs driving by..and wanted to puke that place stinks!

im in norrostown

im very familiar with hatfield

Joey Paone said:

thanks guys, i will defiantly get my dread shampoo from there, it definatly seems more legit than that stupid dreadheadhq website, but im from hatfield its like right outside philly in montgomery county, you probably heard of like hatfield hotdogs and shit haha

--
August West2
@august-west2
12 years ago
10 posts

Welcome aboard and i'm another fan of Vikki and Dreadlock Shampoo, great people and product. Nag Champa is my favorite.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form