Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wetting my hair

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

today is day 2. when i shower in the morning, i usually wet my hair. just a habit i guess. as long as i'm not brushing my hair, is this an issue?

updated by @justsomechick: 01/13/15 09:33:55PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Nope. Dreads love getting wet, and you should wash them 2 - 3 times a day. Clean hair dreads. It needs to be clean in order to dread. :)

Just make sure they have enough time to dry before getting wet again, so they wouldn't develop mildew. It's not an issue in the early stages, but it's better to develop the habit of making sure they're dry early on. :)

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts
Thanks! i think you meant 2 to 3 times a week lol :P
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea week not day id be in the shower constantly washing 2-3 times a day..lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Haha... Yeah, that's what I meant. Answering people's questions before having coffee in the morning, and that's what you get. :D

Ridge Dawson
@ridge-dawson
12 years ago
2 posts

I apologize for hijacking this thread, but my question was nearly the same as yours and felt two different threads on this topic could be a bit redundant. Just to clarify, I'm doing natural dreads, washing once a week (my hair isn't very oily and that's going from washing every single day to just once a week), and then the rest of the time I just hop in the shower and drench them without using shampoo. Should that be an issue or should I try not to get them wet until I wash them with shampoo (using Just 4 Dreads Dragonsblood liquid shampoo, and it is AMAZING. Smells so good!) Also, I just started dreading this past Sunday (so 3 days ago, ha!) and my hair is already sectioning off pretty damn well in the back.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can wash more often hen weekly u can wet it daily but when its dreaded u wont want to cause it dries so slowly so u might want to start getting used to only wetting when u wash but washing every 2 or 3 or 4 days

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ridge Dawson
@ridge-dawson
12 years ago
2 posts

That's some pretty solid advice, thanks man! With that in mind I'll probably give it a wash tomorrow, that'll make it 4 days, and it seems like it could use it now.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form