Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey guys! I'm new.

Kharion Genesis
@kharion-genesis
12 years ago
10 posts
Hey! I'm [somewhat] new to dreadlockssite. I've been reading threads on this forum for about a year now but I finally have become a member! I love this site because of one, the positivity, and two, how connected the community is. I love how everyone is there for one another, and especially how the founder is there for everyone, that's you SE. ;)But anyways, super glad to finally be a member. And one last question, what's the difference between standard and featured forums, photos, and etc..?Thanks in advance,Kharion Genesis
updated by @kharion-genesis: 01/13/15 09:33:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

simple answer the best content gets featured so its easy to find

for photos the featured photos now end up in the slideshow that is at the top of the page (new special feature i just added a week or 2 ago)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I *think* that the standard forums is pretty... standard... lol! Like all the forums. Featured forums are specific topics that are popular or of importance that are "featured" and therefore stand apart from the rest. I'm not sure if there is a method to this or if they become featured by clicking a button by the admin, kind of like a "sticky" thread.

The same can be said of everything else in this regard. Maybe SE will correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, welcome aboard! :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea this type forum doesnt have a sticky option so featured forums are simular to sticky threads..high importance discussions that have a higher prominance

and any admin can feature content that they have admin rights over

although now that the featured phoros have a extra special prominance as the header slideshow i do want to keep some control over what displats up there..i had it set to most popular photos but then there was an odd t shirt pic and a couple other odd pics thart seemed out of place so im going to only feature the photos i want in the head

at some point im going to create a albulm for that instead

for that reason i unfeatured pics like the waxy pillow and a couple others

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form