Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

Hi! I'm Bec, I'm pretty much brand new here. I'm 25 and from Melbourne in Australia :D

I don't have dreads yet, but I have wanted them forever. I'm at a weird stage in my life. I've found I'm not very happy, not hanging around the right people and not listening to my soul telling me what I need to do. I came across this site one night (well...very, very early morning...hello insomnia!) and I decided to make some big changes, and dreading up was going to be the turning point. I'm viewing them as much more than a hairstyle, they're going to be the beginning of happiness and peace and a huge extension and representation of what I've hidden for so long.

I'm so lucky in that I have the full support of my family in this. I've read a load of guides about how to break the news of dreading to family and friends, and it makes me sad for some people that they never get understood or properly accepted. My parents are the most amazing people on the face of the planet, and I'm so proud that they're eager to go on this journey with me. :D

So enough mush! I'm going to be putting them in using twist and rip. I started off thinking about backcombing but thankfully all your awesome advice has changed my mind! I should be doing it in a couple of weeks but I'm still researching and preparing. I put a little baby dread in last night so I can see how it goes. I have curly hair, which seems volumnous but is sort of thin when I straighten it, and so the dread I made is longer than my free hair! But I know it will shrink up.

I have already chatted to a couple of people here and everyone seems so nice and supportive and knowledgeable. I'm really looking forward to finally doing this, and using all your help and including you all on this awesome trip.

Peace! Bec.

x

updated by @becsley-q-penguinface: 01/13/15 09:33:28PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Welcome! All the best to you on your journey! :D

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Welcome and I'm excited to see your progress once you get started.

Since you aren't going to be doing the TnR for a couple of weeks, you could start your cleaning regimen now and by the time you are ready your hair will have probably sectioned itself out for you. :)

Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

Thanks so much Rainbow and Valerie! <3

I was thinking about that last night Valerie, about starting my cleaning routine now and getting my hair all ready. I'm so excited! :D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form