Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Are they supposed to look like/do this?

Shelly sink
@shelly-sink
12 years ago
5 posts

I TNR'd my sons hair for him a couple of months ago. Now that he has started football practice some of the dreads are starting to look crazy and the ends of some are starting to get entwinded within the dread. Should we put his hair up or put some type of cap on to prevent this?Please note the uploaded pics

updated by @shelly-sink: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

They will do that! It's part of the dreading process for zig zags and loops to for! It's fine!

Shelly sink
@shelly-sink
12 years ago
5 posts
Should I try to keep the ends from blunting. I've read that it's best for them to stay free so the water will drain
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's completely normal. if they don't look like that at some point, it's not locking. Those lops and bumpsand weird angles means that the hair is catching onto other hairs and knotting them in place. In time, it'll get sucked down, and they'll look rounder and flatter. But this is the normal process

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you can prevent them from blunting but not cut or mess with them too much, do it. But most will not really blunt at this stage. Thy are still changing. I'd wait and see how they progress before you mess around with it.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form