Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Next year'z/local rainbow gatherings

Brandon5
@brandon5
12 years ago
4 posts
Ive never been to a a gathering myself but would really like to go! I was just wanting to know if any of you have been, and if you have how was your experience at the gathering?!And what would you do to be better prepared for next time.Like what would I need to bring?!Thankz ^_^!
updated by @brandon5: 02/14/15 11:13:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive been to more then i can count

the experience is (almost) always magical the best exoeriences of mty life

lifechanging

bring what u need to live in the wilderness under primitive conditions but not more then you need (except trade items) cause u pack out what u pack in including every scrap of trash if u smoke cig butts go in pockets not on th ground all trash goes in yoir pockets

you want to bring tent blankets clothes for all weather cold hot dry wet..high altitude gatgerings can even snow in july abd range from 90s during day 20s at night

be prepared with cup bowl spoon theres plenty of free food but u might end up eatting off bark bowls frisby plates and cardboard spoons if you dont have your own

be sure anything special u need like meds you have plenty of

good shoes yea alotta ppl love runnin thru the woods barefoot and naked but foot injureies are the most common thing calm trwats daily

dont bring alcahol weapons (knives can be tools tho) hard drugs anger hatred greed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

moving to a better category

--
Rachel Parsons
@rachel-parsons
12 years ago
30 posts
Whaat is this rainbow gathering you speak of and where can I find one :0 do they exist in Canada?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they exist everywhere in the world but usa has the biggest and most often (pretty much constant) tho this december fior the end of the matyan calander theres a month long 12 at the mayan ruins that will prove to be the biggest in history problr]y

maybe the biggest event of any kind ever

these 2 vids will help u understand

We Love You from Jonathan Kalafer on Vimeo .

--
Rachel Parsons
@rachel-parsons
12 years ago
30 posts
Oh joy lol I take it it's not an "end of the world" party then since it goes on for a month. Sounds pretty cool though I've always wanted to see the Mayan ruins. They recently found a new mural that has dates 7,000 years past 2012. Wish I could be an archeologist but I'm in one spot for a while.
Brandon5
@brandon5
12 years ago
4 posts
Deffiantlly an amazing display of what love kindness and respect for all can accomplish!How do you find the rainbow gethering spot in the woods? Iz it just a word of mouth thing? It'z prolly hard to miss once it gets later into the months but what about if you want to try and be there early.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wellllllllllllll haha

ok this will involve stories

1st off they do put out directions the day they reach consensus and seed camp begins thenext day but

they arent always that accurate haha so some instinct is involved plus u look for rock piles and other clues

but ok on to stories

back in the early 90s i had a crazy nam vwt living with me who saw soldiers on the roof and landmines in the basement well my sisters boyfreinds wallet vannished and a bunch of idiot skinheads took this crazy guys word that i stole it so they came after me as a gang with baseball bats and guns..twice so i moved into my psychodelic 67 vw bus and headed to the woods i knew a regionak gathering was comming up soon but had no info at all n directions no date even

for a month we wandered the 800 square miles of forrest lisftening for drums tryijng to smell smoke and calling out "rainbow" or "we love you" out the window hoping fir a responce

finaly we jump the bus up into this spot at a ti=]p of a steep ramp and park for 4 days or so

then hear voices

so i climb onto the roof expecting to see cops or local rednecks klooking fir trouble (my gf made me hide my weed the night b4 being paranoid ..which made a racoon happy who ate it) and it tiurned out that the very 1st kitchen showed up at the ecxact spot we parked at..which was the supply trail head

in an 800 square mile forrest we found the 1 spot the size of a simngle parking space that was the trail

pute instinct

alabama nationa;l

we had directions to a forrest in the sw

we get there drive 2 hours into the woods

we see 6 or so kids sleeping by the side of the road so figure we are close

we keep drivung when suddenly a huge huge bird (wings as wide as the van) swoops down literaly 2 feet from the windsheild and guides us down the road we followed him his feet never more then 2 feet to 10 feet from the windsheild (maybe was a pelican we dont know it was huge tho)

after a couple miles ity swooped off into the woods and disapears so we stop lokimg for another sign or omen to follow wjen i spot a lil color way offinto the woods (150 feet at least)

(would never have seen it if the bird hadnt brought us there)

it was a tye die on a tree stump

with a brown paper bag stuck to it

written in pencil (so u hadtowalk right up to it wkyh a flash light to read)

was written directions to a forrest...with the exact same name.. on the oposite ne corner of the state (350 miles away about)

so we went back wokme up those kids who had slept there for 2 weeks waitting fotr ppl to arive and took em to the gathering

but ok if u want to go to the national earky theres seed camps before that holding camps..an d spring council

before those even theres scoutting all year (at least when theres no snow preventing scoutting)

--
Brandon5
@brandon5
12 years ago
4 posts
Wow what an epic adventure!Sounds like a movie I want to see!!!! Thanks for sharing your storie! Makes me that much more stoked for next years gathering!I was reading that they made the gatherings illegal this year. How do you think that's gunna effect things?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what do u mean whered u read that

technicaly they passed an unci=onstitutional law in the 80s or 90s requiring a group over 75 to require a permin=t which weve refused to sign and have gone to court up to the sup=reme court but since they know wed win the supreme court refused to hear the cases

i think it was 5 or 6 ppl spent 3 months in prison they still ticket fir refuswal to sign a permit then they have court in the nearest building like a barn or something and all charges are dropped ot=r reduced to spending a few unsupervised hours cleaning up at the gathering (sentenced to do what we do anyway)

the fs and especialy incident management team is just trying to justify an outragios budget

but id be interested to see what u read and where

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form