Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hard/soft water?

Zach Freeman
@zach-freeman
12 years ago
21 posts
I see alot of talk about hard water and soft water. What does that mean.
updated by @zach-freeman: 01/13/15 09:32:21PM
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

If you wash with BS, if you have hard water the BS won't dissolve into the water fully and you'll end up with clumps of BS at the bottom of your "container". I have hard water. You can boil the hard water to make it soft water. I think hard water is probably unfiltered icky water and soft is filtered?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Hard water means that there are hard minerals in your water. It's not bad for you. It just means that there in calcium, limestone, or other minerals floating around. Soft water is just more filtered. Many countries or parts of countries that have large mineral deposits have hard water. You can safely drink it without any heath side effects. But it tastes more metallic.

Those minerals keep certain soaps and cleaners from dissolving in the water. Boiling it is not enough, though. You need to pour off the pure water on top and use that. If you just boil it and then stir it up with your BS, you are reintroducing the minerals back into the water. You need to slowly pour off as much water as you can without remixing the minerals left at the bottom.

You could also distill your own water. Youtube has plenty of videos on how to make your owndistillery out of household items for cheap

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i posted info on making a home nade sollar water distillery basic disstilation you have 1 tank ..hard water (a 55 gallon drum works) this is boiled the steam rises through a tube the tiube generaly coils through a cold water cooling system which turns the steam back to liquid where it drips into the soft water drum

this will leave all the heacy minerals in the hard water tank which then you clean out

theres water softeners that use sea salt to filter the minerals and u can get a shower head with a filter in it too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You don't even really need to cool the tube down with anything. Get about 15-20 feet of tubing and paint it white. Then coil it so it is only about 3 feet long. Paint the hard water tank black. The black will absorb heat boiling the water. The white tube will reflect light cooling the water,

Just make sure that the hard water tank is a few inches above the distilled water tank

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form