dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 days in

Deven C. Harlow
@deven-c-harlow
12 years ago
8 posts

Hi there.

So I'm two days into my twist & "rip" method. Seems to be going quite well. I think the hardest part will be placement of each upon my head. Any feedback whatsoever would be cool,after allI am only two days in. :p

-thanks

updated by @deven-c-harlow: 01/13/15 09:31:14PM
Jess H
@jess-h
12 years ago
14 posts

Start from the front and top to get them the same size. And make sure you have someone to do the back for you (I'm two weeks in and STILL not dreadlocked the back. lol)

Oh, and when you get to the end, palmroll then twist & rip the ends to stop them from coming loose.

Good luck :D

Deven C. Harlow
@deven-c-harlow
12 years ago
8 posts

Cool! Have been doing the palm roll seems to be effective.

Errr, I did, however, start at the back base. Perhaps I'll switch to the top, work my way down, and meet somewhere in the middle. :)

As of right now i have three complete. I would say they are fairly thin but not too thin. I sadly have very thin curly hair so the sectioning is by far the most difficult when alone.

What methods have you heard are best for washing/maintaining?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont bother palm rolling it actualy does nothing at all

it doesnt matter where u start cause why would u want em all the same size

wash use the baking soda soak or a dread shampoo ike the www.dreadlockshampoo.com ones if u use shampoo scrub only the roots then rinse thru

and no maintenance at all is required except seperating

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Palm rolling will do 1 of 2 things. Either it will do nothing. You'll see that you have to do it over and over again every day. That means that none of the times did anything that lasted more than a few hours. OR it will damage your hair and roots so much that if, at all, they fix themselves, it will take years. Check out my video on what palm rolling did to my locks. I did it for the first few weeks and 6 years later the roots are so thin I am worried that they could break off at any point because of all the weight

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form