Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natures gate shampoo

AlyssaAnne
@alyssaanne
12 years ago
15 posts

first off let me say i have 1 year-ish old dreads started with twist n rip, but i did such a bad job twisting and ripping they are almost like neglect dreads. i used wax twice in the first month but have since removed all traces and have been natural ever since. ok so it was time to buy some more shampoo and i wasnt too interested in buying from dreadlock shampoo again. i loved that their product were so natural but my scalp didnt like it too much. i i also had some of their bar samples and i found they were much too hard to wash with. i like diluting liquid soaps. so my grocery store has a huge organic section and they sell quite a few hygeine products. i had heard mixed reviews about dr bonners so instead i got natures gate with tea tree oil. a plus is that this is also much cheaper than ordering online. AND I LOVE IT. it was easy to dilute and it really cleaned my scalp without making it freak out. ive used it twice and i havent had any dandruff or iches since (which is what i had before). but i dont know all the ingredient lingo. i want to make sure this is safe for my dreads. i dont have the bottle in front of me, but i think i remember it saying it was vegan, alsosulfate and paraben free. here is a link to all ingredients. please have good news for me. :)

http://natures-gate.com/Shop/item?Product=41100090&category=237&WithLinks=1

updated by @alyssaanne: 01/13/15 09:30:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

seems ok for when you want some conditioning it does have some conditioning oils in it which would help with itches but over using might over condition and might have residues i cant be sure heathers more of an expert on thee things

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AlyssaAnne
@alyssaanne
12 years ago
15 posts

that was something else i was worrying about. my hair is pretty dry, which i know is good for dreads, but i was scared it was getting too dry. i swim quite a lot when the weathers nice and i have a saltwater pool that was tightening my dreads, but maybe too much since i didnt rinse it out all the time. so i do like that it conditions, i just have tokeep an eye on it to make sure its not too much.i wash about once a week, do u think it counld unravel or make newgrowth hard to dread?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

doubt they would unravel it depends i mean i condition alot cause i love sofy cuddly dreads but then if the new growth gets too outta control i stop and start adding sea salt till it starts to dread so i like to customize my washes to conditions like if i know i need lil extra rosemary or teatree or jojoba ill make a rinse if i want em to tighten a bit add sea salt and cut out any conditioners

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

that shampoo should be fine. there's a member who used that shampoo exclusively during her natural journey and she locked up just fine. i've used it in the past before they changed their formula to sulfate free. i'm finding now though that my scalp hasn't been to happy with even the organic shampoos. i find bs/acv to be the best for dreads and the health of my scalp.

AlyssaAnne
@alyssaanne
12 years ago
15 posts

awesome! i will use it then. my scalp actually doesnt like the baking soda deep cleans too much either or i wouldve done that. but i usually do a deep soak in hot water with baking soda acv sea salt and lemon juice every 1 or 2 months. im so glad you guys said it was safe. im in love with it. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form