Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm worried!

Conny Nordlund
@conny-nordlund
12 years ago
19 posts

Over a week in now. I took a shower today and my dreads look like crap. I also started feeling sections that had like 2 dreaded roots being seperated so to me it felt like the best thing to do is to untangle these two and let them dread on their own.

I also used to have rubberbands in my hair to keep themseparatedand easier to maintain. I took them out, took a shower andseparatedthese sections from each other. Now my hair is really messy at the back of my head with craploads of loose hairs and small baby dreads and I fear that my hair will end being a big knotted lump at the back.

So my question to you is; should I be worried?

See? It looks completely horrid.

Trust me, I do have patience, I'm just worried that I'm doing things wrong and my dreads will end up cut and in the trash.

updated by @conny-nordlund: 01/13/15 09:30:43PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Don't worry. All you have to do is wash and separate. Everything else takes care of itself. Give them time and love, and they will work out fine.

It's normal to worry when you're new at something, but there is nothing that can go wrong as long as you wash and separate them. :)

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
12 years ago
336 posts

yep, what Rainbow said, hehe.

They almost always look bad in at least one stage']

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

read the dreading the 1st weeks of dreading discussion in featured duiscussiomns

its totaly normal when u make dreads instead of letting dreads happen to panic in the 1st weeks thinking its all going wrong but its going fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Conny Nordlund
@conny-nordlund
12 years ago
19 posts

Pfew alright, thanks guys!

Conny Nordlund
@conny-nordlund
12 years ago
19 posts

As for resectioning. Should I just rip them apart from each other? I've had a few where the dread kind of split at the root so I tore them apart, ended up being quite small dreads. But I left them small and my thoughts were to leave them and let them congo to bigger dreads eventually. Is this correct or am I crazy?

How many dreads are too few? I started with like 28 and I think I have well over 30 now after splitting so many.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form