Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help with Freeform vs. TnR

heather ▲
@heather
12 years ago
10 posts

As some of you many know, I'm a few days into my freeform journey. I threw away my brush on the 6th! I love the look of freeform dreadlocks, but I'm having a few problems, My hair hasn't been doing much other than getting very messy. No knots have been forming, other than the occassional, small knot that with fall out over time. I work with people, and my appearance is a bit of a factor. I had really hoped that my hair would have shown some signs of progress by now - even if one bit of my hair sectioned or had a knot that lasted a few days, I'd have hope. However, I'm already becoming a bit discouraged. If it were up to me, I would let my hair keep trying to lock up on its own, but becuase of my job, I've been considering TnR. I'd love for some advice and support on this issue - maybe weigh the pros and cons of each?!

updated by @heather: 01/13/15 09:30:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your only a week in

if yiu tnr it will most likely sio backwards progres for months you will see them loosen and fall apart more then anything

everyone works with people nobody works in the vacuum of outter space alone and isolated so just talk to your boss tell them yiur dreading and why tell them why you want to grow natural dreads etc

ive got a letter to employer s in the featured discussion o]if u want to use it as a jumping off point

i think you should seee it through i mean you know its a jou=rnet[-y of a thousand miles but your barely on your way and already chanting are we there yet are we there yet you got to get past that impatience phase and sit back relax abd enjoy the scenery

so take a deep breathe walk over to the mirror rip it off the wall or cover it with a towel and dont even think abiuwhat yoir hairs doing till this time next month

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
heather ▲
@heather
12 years ago
10 posts

Thanks for the vote of confidence, SE. I really do want to let them form naturally, but it's just so hard to wait. Hopefully itgoes well, and I can make it through the long grind there. :)

soaring eagle said:

your only a week in

if yiu tnr it will most likely sio backwards progres for months you will see them loosen and fall apart more then anything

everyone works with people nobody works in the vacuum of outter space alone and isolated so just talk to your boss tell them yiur dreading and why tell them why you want to grow natural dreads etc

ive got a letter to employer s in the featured discussion o]if u want to use it as a jumping off point

i think you should seee it through i mean you know its a jou=rnet[-y of a thousand miles but your barely on your way and already chanting are we there yet are we there yet you got to get past that impatience phase and sit back relax abd enjoy the scenery

so take a deep breathe walk over to the mirror rip it off the wall or cover it with a towel and dont even think abiuwhat yoir hairs doing till this time next month

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

We can do this Heather!! I'm an extremely impatient person trying to do it naturally. I cannot believe I have made it to 6 days without wanting to brush my hair haha. If I can do it, you can surely do it. Keep your head up!!!! I'm here for you twiny!!! :D

Maddog
@maddog
12 years ago
6 posts

I tnr'ed about two months ago and is going great... but after one month i wished i did it naturally..... i like it and some did not come out and dreaded almost instantly it seemed esp. the bigger ones.....but some have come out and i put a bead at the root and I love watching them metamorphosis into a dread its a cool thing...i I am no expert by any means but i am sure you will get there and as soon as you round the corner you will love it!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i've seena few people do tnr & then take them out, & several more say they would take them out but were too far in. give it more time.

give your change in shampooing habits a chance to work on your hair. give your hair time to find it's way.

enjoy it for what it is or isn't each & every day. love your hair/baby dreads just as they are, messy & all. just wash em, separate em & love em & they know what to do ;)

Claire Wilson
@claire-wilson
12 years ago
23 posts

I am 12 days in and I still don't have knots, don't stress about it! From your pictures your hair still looks lovely. Just give yourself some time and don't worry about what other people might think, it's your hair, you are entitled to do with it what you will.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

took 5 months to see knots forming in my hair. patience is key. they don't call it a journey for nothing.

heather ▲
@heather
12 years ago
10 posts

Thank you. It's nice to have some reassurance andknow that my hair isn't abnormal!

Nicki Lee
@nicki-lee
12 years ago
2 posts

I'm one week in and my hair is passed my butt and medium thickness. So far it looks like a birds nest. It's been separating already even though it's not that knotty really. I'm really looking forward to the process but really not enjoying my hair being so fuzzy at the moment. Does anyone know if long hair knots fast or slow? Just in general. Or is it harder to naturally form from long hair?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form