Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Extensions

Jess H
@jess-h
12 years ago
14 posts

I have to ask -and I know I'm probably going to get my head bitten off for this- but how would any of you suggest adding extensions without crocheting or glue? I've lost a lot of length and I cant tie my hair up anymore (with will probably be a problem if I get a job in catering or using machinery, and I doubt any potential employers would let me wear a hat indoors. Plus, I love having long hair, and I want colourful hair without using bleach, hence extensions. :D)

My dreads are new, so would undoing part of them, then somehow dreadlocking the extension in help? I really dont want to use anything damaging.

<<<<<<<<Oh, and do the products on this sidebar actually work?

updated by @jess-h: 01/13/15 09:30:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes the products work wonderfully but heres the thing about extentions u kinda need estabk]lished dreads to anchor them onto and they also will feel like extentions not connected to you like yor real dreads

another option is to do a hair wrap on a dread close to the crown, then extend the wrap a ways past the en of the dread so its long enough to wrap around the dreads

once your dreads are more mature u can comb out a couple inches of the ends fraying them out then push the 2 ends togrther till the dresed parts meat and the loose hairs mesh togetger extending on either sde over the dreaded parts then wrap about 4 inches an inch above and below the loose hairs till they fuse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jess H
@jess-h
12 years ago
14 posts

Ok. Well, I'll leave it a year or something and if they've grown enough by then, then I wont bother with extensions.

Thanks so much for the info <3

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

make sure yuou play with you hair alot and rub your head and whatnotso you stimulate blood flow which in turn stimulates growth. also,there are vitamins and whatnot and just keepinga healthy diet will make them growlonger faster.

Jess H said:

Ok. Well, I'll leave it a year or something and if they've grown enough by then, then I wont bother with extensions.

Thanks so much for the info <3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form