Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello. I would like to ask for help~

Morgan Goetsch
@morgan-goetsch
12 years ago
3 posts

But it's not a question that would fit in any other category or anything..

So, I don't have dreadlocks right now. But I have wanted them for over a year now. I've been growing my hair out, and trying to basically learn anything and everything I can about dreads.

I decided I'm ready for them now. The only problem is: I don't want to dread my head alone. I'd need help in the back of my head; sectioning it out and things. And, I really don't trust myself. I'd mess up. I'd probably end up ruining the dreads, and having to start all over again.

Is there anyone in Minnesota that's willing to help me?

updated by @morgan-goetsch: 01/13/15 09:30:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont dread youtr head let your head dread

if u do it naturaly u need no help at all u can just let it happen thats the best way

how were u thinking of starting

if u researched on other sites theres a very high chance u got horrible info

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Morgan Goetsch
@morgan-goetsch
12 years ago
3 posts

I was thing of doing the twist and rip method. I've been researching everywhere. Literally everything that had do with dreads. Some sites really didn't know anything .. others were really helpful.

How would you go about just letting them dread?

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

dont brush your hair. literally. they will section themselves and eventually dread. just keep em clean and enjoy!

Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
I just started neglecting my hair yesterday amd after washing with baking soda, I've already seen some separation.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

all your life youve worked your ass off to prevent dreads usin g shampoos that make it "managable' conditiomers combs etc etc etc all these things are designed for 1 thing..preventing dreads dreds are the natural state of hair its what all hair will do if alowed to

so..allow it

use a dread freindly wsah like dread soap or baking soda

throw away your comb

the end

well no seperate as needed dreads will try to combine into bigger dreads so u want to rip em apart when they try to combine

Morgan Goetsch said:

I was thing of doing the twist and rip method. I've been researching everywhere. Literally everything that had do with dreads. Some sites really didn't know anything .. others were really helpful.

How would you go about just letting them dread?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lena2
@lena2
12 years ago
14 posts

I'm in Minnesota until mid August and would be willing to help. I tnr'd mine myself and it was very difficult doing the back. I love my dreads and am happy with how they turned out, however if I were you I'd definitely consider going natural like SE suggests. A few of my sections seemed fine at first, but turned out to be all wrong after a few months of maturing. I had to brush a couple out and start them again because they were either too thick or awkwardly shaped and pulling at my scalp. Your hair has this way of knowing how to section itself exactly how it is meant to be, which we can only guess at. Like I said, I'd be happy to help, but consider going all natural.

Morgan Goetsch
@morgan-goetsch
12 years ago
3 posts

What area? I would love to try and go natural, but I have a habit of combing my hands through my hair. it's a habit I've had since I was a kid, so I don't think I could kick it. thank you, by the way.

Lena said:

I'm in Minnesota until mid August and would be willing to help. I tnr'd mine myself and it was very difficult doing the back. I love my dreads and am happy with how they turned out, however if I were you I'd definitely consider going natural like SE suggests. A few of my sections seemed fine at first, but turned out to be all wrong after a few months of maturing. I had to brush a couple out and start them again because they were either too thick or awkwardly shaped and pulling at my scalp. Your hair has this way of knowing how to section itself exactly how it is meant to be, which we can only guess at. Like I said, I'd be happy to help, but consider going all natural.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i had the same issue. it's taking it's time going natural, but it's a fun & rewarding process. I tried to have a necklace on or a ring, maybe wrap one dread with a charm on the end to play with. just something to keep your hands busy & satisfy that little twitch that you have to do. I do catch myself going to put my hands on my hair, & just have to divert my attention to something else.

Morgan Goetsch said:

What area? I would love to try and go natural, but I have a habit of combing my hands through my hair. it's a habit I've had since I was a kid, so I don't think I could kick it. thank you, by the way.

Lena said:

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

& while most ppl think natural is sooo hard because it requires patience...i find it the easiest. I didn't have to learn how to make dreads, i didn't have to worry about sectioning, i just have to wash & love them. Enjoy your hair & mess for what it is everyday & you don't need patience, you already just love it for the mess or lack of mess it is <3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form