Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ixchel- Journey to Natural Locks 2 years 9 months!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

The beginning

Natural strawberry blonde ~ 4/5 henna 1/5 indigo 25g alma ~ 2/3 henna 1/3 indigo

1 month

2 months

3 months

4 months

5 months

6 months

6 months & 20 days my first knot, first loop!!! <3

7 months

8 months

Progressing slowly but lovely <3

9 months

10 months

11 months

1 Year! ( photo spam on page 7 )

13 months

14 months

15 months

16 months

17 months

18 months

19 months

2 years!

2 years 4 months

2 years 9 months

updated by @ixchel: 11/12/15 07:06:37AM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I think it's interesting that your hair looks smoother in the 3 month mark...

But great progress love! You have some seriously obvious sectioning going on. Anything happening in there that we can't see in the pictures?

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

thank you! I think so too ;)

And_G said:

cool timeline, it'scoming along nicely:)

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

I think it's because most of my photos are right before washing, that 3 month one is after a fresh wash. They always puff up & look like nothing again right after a wash. Then after sleeping on them a night they start to look like my nice sections again :)

I thought i had a knot, but the section split in half & then went to loose hair again...so I don't know what that was all about lol. I was able to actually keep a few beads in for a couple days & it looked like it was going to start looping at the roots or something, but then wash day & it disappeared. It's fun to watch the little changes like that tho. I can feel some tighter sectioning on the underneath, I know it just wants to knot in there, pretty soon I bet we'll be seeing some bigger movements. It's all just building up to make a huge entrance ;)

as soon as i get a loop or picture noticeable knotting i'll be spamming it all up in here <3

Valrie said:

But great progress love! You have some seriously obvious sectioning going on. Anything happening in there that we can't see in the pictures?

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Lol! I am at 3 months and in this past month I saw some reverse progress as well as some awesome looping on others. It's so interesting watching because my hair's temperament matches my own :P

I will be thinking loopy thoughts for you and can't wait to see them crop up. :D

Ixchel said:

I think it's because most of my photos are right before washing, that 3 month one is after a fresh wash. They always puff up & look like nothing again right after a wash. Then after sleeping on them a night they start to look like my nice sections again :)

I thought i had a knot, but the section split in half & then went to loose hair again...so I don't know what that was all about lol. I was able to actually keep a few beads in for a couple days & it looked like it was going to start looping at the roots or something, but then wash day & it disappeared. It's fun to watch the little changes like that tho. I can feel some tighter sectioning on the underneath, I know it just wants to knot in there, pretty soon I bet we'll be seeing some bigger movements. It's all just building up to make a huge entrance ;)

as soon as i get a loop or picture noticeable knotting i'll be spamming it all up in here <3

Valrie said:

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

it's sooo crazy how much progress you have! i keep thinking you are way further in than 3 months lol. looking awesome either way!

thanks!

Valrie said:

Lol! I am at 3 months and in this past month I saw some reverse progress as well as some awesome looping on others. It's so interesting watching because my hair's temperament matches my own :P

I will be thinking loopy thoughts for you and can't wait to see them crop up. :D

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

They are looking so nice to fast!!! Awesome!!

What do you do to yours formaintenance? I know we've talked about this before but my memory sucks :P

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what are u wahing with maybe a change there will help

they sure look like they are trying hard but keep stepping backwards must be a way to lesebn the backwards stepping

maybe try some hair wraps if beads wont stay just till u get a base knot going once the roots are starting to dread u can remove em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

all i do is wash & air dry. some days i throw in a bead or wrap. i will separate once the need arises :)

MamaKittyLove said:

They are looking so nice to fast!!! Awesome!!

What do you do to yours formaintenance? I know we've talked about this before but my memory sucks :P

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i use the lockin up liquid, or baking soda (i've tried the paste suggestion panterra gave to butterfly a few times too). I have a bar too but i've only used it like twice since they are babies.

even with the back stepping i can notice forward progression, just slowly

i stopped using my hemp to wrap because of the weird black spot that i had gotten, i think the hemp must have been "polished hemp" (WAXED!!!) so some of the wax must have left that bit of residue. I purchased some embroidery thread & some new smaller beads tho so now it's on!!!

wrapping some up today <3

soaring eagle said:

what are u wahing with maybe a change there will help

they sure look like they are trying hard but keep stepping backwards must be a way to lesebn the backwards stepping

maybe try some hair wraps if beads wont stay just till u get a base knot going once the roots are starting to dread u can remove em

/ 15

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form