Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My New Dready Path

Steff A Roo
@steff-a-roo
12 years ago
25 posts

Me before dreads. I would usually straighten my hair but this is its natural kink.

12 hours of twist and rip as I did them by myself......arms almost fell off!

Day 1 brand new dreads.

Week 1 - Favourite most dread-like baby.

Week 1 - Just woke up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So, here we are; One month anniversary. Loving my lil' babies!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some loops and bumps at 6 weeks :)

Trying not to look posey!

Underneath (wet dreads). Loving my new beads too!

My dreads look a strange colour because I used to bleach my hair (my bad) but then put a medium brown on it, that faded and I ended up with this strange hue! I'm happy with this colour though. So, here we are, nearly 6 weeks into my journey and I'm loving all the changes. New lumps and bumps springing out here, there and everywhere. Think I'll wait til my 2 month milestone before uploading again, unless there are any major changes.

Until the next time......Peace!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 weeks

This one seems to have doubled up and folded itself, think it'll fold once more before it starts to mature. Underneath again.. Just over 7 weeks into my timeline. Had to upload more photos as there have been so many changes this past week! I have to admit, when I began my journey 7 weeks ago, I didn't think I'd have it in me to stop worrying about my hair and it looking tidy. I questioned my vanity!!! I love the way my hair is natural and wild and I feel a sense of freedom in myself too! Til the next time......Peace out x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

updated by @steff-a-roo: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tnr? they look great

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Steff A Roo
@steff-a-roo
12 years ago
25 posts

Thanks SE. Yes, they're tnr. Really noticing some changes now. The roots of each dread keep trying attach themselves to roots of other dreads so I am separating early to avoid any congos. Loving this process though, because it means they are progressing nicely.

There are a lot of loose hairs, but I am loosely wrapping them around the nearest dreads in hope that they will cling on in time. I have been washing with Head and Shoulders (something I've always used) with no problems what so ever, that way I can avoid the dreaded dandruff that I hear so much about. I have tried to use regular body soap in my dreads a couple of times which dries them out nicely, but it leaves a residue on my scalp. I wash every two days, initially I was concerned that might be too often, but it works perfectly for my hair.

I am more and more in love with my little babies each day and love trying out lots of different up do's. I am praying they don't shrink too much, as I love the length and wanna continue to be able to put them up or tie them back.

Off to the coast later today, so I will be dipping my head in the sea for some of that natural goodness. I would prefer a swim, but our English summer sucks so bad that I'll be on the look out for Noah's ark with all this rain. I may have to take some sea water home with me in a bottle though.

I will get my earlier photos up here on this timeline later.

Have a lovely weekend people :)

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

try LUSHs Senik shampoo bar https://www.lush.co.uk/product/340/Seanik-Solid-Shampoo-Bar sea salt base, smells beautifull!

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

They look great at 1 month. :)

Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
Nice progress and a lovely shade of brown :)
Steff A Roo
@steff-a-roo
12 years ago
25 posts

Thanks guys, best thing I ever did other than having my children! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form