Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Using soap bar shampoo from Lush- not good for dreads

Lewis
@lewis
12 years ago
3 posts

Hi new to here , not sure if this is the best way to post but i'll do it here for the mean while. Before dreading my hair I researched a lot on the Web and found people recommending Lush shampoo bars for Dreadlocks. I had my dreads for 3 months using the lush soap and when I combed out my dreads there was a lot of residue build up. Just a heads up to people.

updated by @lewis: 01/13/15 09:29:39PM
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Why did you take your dreads out? Are you planning on re-dreading?

Just curious!

Lewis
@lewis
12 years ago
3 posts

was moving to Whistler to work for the summer and I was told by people ( mainly my family) I wouldn't get a job with dreads so took them out :( . Now being in whistler and the place I'm working doesn't seem to mind about dreads. So I'm now starting again but doing them natural. I guess it worked out for the best since my dreads had a lot of residue built up in them, So I feel I can do them right this time.

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Well, they say things happen for a reason, now you can start with clean natural dreads!

:)

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

i made this mistake too!! tho i used loads of LUSH products thinking 'oooohhh hand made, natural... this must be good' i have fussy skin so react to lots of chemicals

when i started to react to their soap i did some geeking... LUSH use some horrible stuff.. for a start they use sodium laureth sulphate (sp) in nearly EVERYTHING!!!!

im so disapointed in them , i thought i would used their bars on my dreads but i wont even set foot in there now. so sad, their stuff is so yummy!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com uses only the purest most natural ingredients they also research the sources of each ingredients much of the coconut and palm oils used in the market come from surces in the 3rd work\ld that still uses slave labor and so when shes buying her ingredients she makes sure they all come from highly ethical sources

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

i know where im shopping from now on.

soaring eagle said:

www.dreadlockshampoo.com uses only the purest most natural ingredients they also research the sources of each ingredients much of the coconut and palm oils used in the market come from surces in the 3rd work\ld that still uses slave labor and so when shes buying her ingredients she makes sure they all come from highly ethical sources

Erika Ostroski
@erika-ostroski
12 years ago
22 posts

ACK! Really? My friend said it was fine to use it :( Hope I can get all the residue out...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form