Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Im certain I have Seborrhoeic Dermatitis, what shampoo do I use?

ForgottenPast22
@forgottenpast22
12 years ago
11 posts

Hello, Im new here and in need of immediate help. Im almost certain I have Seborrhoeic Dermatits, (A doctor about 10 years about said I some scalp condition but I cant remember because I was really young, all I know is that ive always had to use certain medicated shampoos) and now that ive been dreading for 10 months I think its vital that I find exactly what I need. Ive been alternating between DHHQ shampoo (which ive stopped) and have mainly been using Knotty Boy because it really does sooth my scalp itching but only lasts for a day. I now am thinking I need to find something that is really effective for long term use. I get really bad flakes, after two days iliterallyhave flakes all over my shirt, bed, etc. I have red itchy flaky spots on my scalp. What can I do to completely remedy this that wont harm my dreads or leave resiudes? Is there really a safe way to do this? I ordered someTea Tree & Rosemary Dreadlocks Shampoo Bar from the dreadlockshampoo.com site, is this all I need to solve my problem or what should I do? Thanks!

updated by @forgottenpast22: 01/13/15 09:29:22PM
KnottyMomma
@knottymomma
12 years ago
2 posts

The only thing that I have found for relief, so far, is to crush up aspirin (about 2-3 tablets) and add it to my baking soda wash. I rub-a-dub my scalp with the mix (it's kinda scratchy and it feels sooooo good) to break up all the ickies. Then I wash wash wash until the water isn't salty, then rinse with WHITE vinegar. I like ACV but for some reason white vinegar leaves my scalp feeling a lot cleaner for longer. I can go about 3 days without scratching. Keep in mind that you'll have to stick to this routine for a while before you start seeing real results, but my scalp felt better after the first wash.

I hope this helps!

Tea tree oil actually aggravates my scalp :(

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dhhq will cause that problem its toxic garbage

dhhq shampoo should never be used at all

these are best

http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com use the teatree rosemary 1

no hot water warm to coool to cold finnish with cold

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ForgottenPast22
@forgottenpast22
12 years ago
11 posts

Yeah I read your discussion about DHHQ and I was very surprised. I ordered the Tea Tree Rosemary shampoo, and you think this is the only thing Ill need for my problem? Just want to make sure all my bases are covered. Thank you!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

mot likely yea it will help a ton if u need a lil extra we will look into that then give tbat a try for a few weeks and see tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ForgottenPast22
@forgottenpast22
12 years ago
11 posts

Will do, I will let you know how it works. Thanks again!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form