Dreadlocks Forums

dying dreads?

Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

I was just wondering what I would need to do

should I use just normal dye or is there something else i could use

I would just use henna but I want something past a natural tone like blue and stuff?

updated by @nicholas-janousek: 02/14/15 05:22:11AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can idts risky and lil harder to do

if u want a bright blue then unsweetened koolaide will get u dayglo super bright colors u can see from orbit

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

hmmmmm I'll have to try that what if I can find natural dyes? My friend told me about this organic dye that uses like fruit extract or something to get the color?

Jimmy Lynch
@jimmy-lynch
12 years ago
1 posts

i dyed my hair.. twice! the tips red, and a blonde middle! (well the blonde, bronzed) but if you feel like youre ready to dye.. then ask someone to help!

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

What product is it?

Nicholas janousek said:

hmmmmm I'll have to try that what if I can find natural dyes? My friend told me about this organic dye that uses like fruit extract or something to get the color?

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts
Do not use a felting needle on your dreads. If you would like to use wool roving to colour your dreads use the wet felting method. You palm roll wet soapy wool onto your dreads.One of our members has done this. Anouk? I think. ..Anyway. I repeat. Do not use a felting needle on your dreads.
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Yeah, sorry I didn't go into more detail about the reasons why. It was 4am though and I was finally getting sleepy so I was a little abrupt. (And now I'm aaaaalmost going to be sort of late-ish for work...darn internet.)

I'm definitely going to be using the wetfelting method myself once my dreads are mature. It's an excellent way to get some vibrant colours going on your head. I absolutely love the look. I might make some fake dreads in the meantime using a similar method.

Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

I dont know the product but my friend used it to dye my hair blue before i started dreading and i looked at the container and it had blueberries in it lol

Valrie said:

What product is it?

Nicholas janousek said:

Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

Don't worry anything that has the word needle in doesnt touch my dreads I am gonna look up this wetfelting thing that seems kinda interesting :] thanks for the tips!

Tied up in knots said:

Do not use a felting needle on your dreads. If you would like to use wool roving to colour your dreads use the wet felting method. You palm roll wet soapy wool onto your dreads.

One of our members has done this. Anouk? I think. ..

Anyway. I repeat. Do not use a felting needle on your dreads.
KnottyMomma
@knottymomma
12 years ago
2 posts

Everything you could ever wanna know about dyeing locks:
http://www.compunction.org/dyeing.txt

She has been an inexhaustible resource for me.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form