Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How Do My Dreads Look?

Kayla Jensen
@kayla-jensen
12 years ago
21 posts

its only day 4 but im so excited for them to lock in and actually become dreads! I decided I wanted to ease into it so i only did the bottom on my hair let me know what you think!

i put in a photo with my top hair and bottom pulled back so you can see the dreads i've made in the middle and another photo with all my hair down then a third one just for fun :) let me know what you think please!

updated by @kayla-jensen: 02/14/15 10:06:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

look good but u didnt use wax i hope right? not sure if the 1st pic looked like u did or o]if it was just the flasg=h..if u did u should start over without wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kayla Jensen
@kayla-jensen
12 years ago
21 posts

i did not use wax :) i just back combed it and palm rolling

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

goood but wouldnt bother palm rolling it does nothing worthwhile and can do harm if overdone

see babas vid on palm rolling damage

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They're looking good, but palm rolling either does absolutely nothing, or damages them so severely that it will take years torecovery. I palm rolled a few 6 years ago and they still haven't recovered

Alexander Šuma
@alexander-uma
12 years ago
17 posts

Can't help but chime in on palm rolling...It may make your hair look tidy for a short time just before going to a wedding or something,but that is about it.Hair breaks if you roll too much.A rope isn't so strong if the majority of its fibers are not intact.

My girlfriend rolls just enough to make them more tidy.I only wash my hair,but we still have nicely developing locks.So it is not needed,just easy to give in to if you want nice locks fast.Patience,love your natural hair,and it will all be worthwhile.It's your knotty head bonsai;)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive never palm rolled even once

--
Alexander Šuma
@alexander-uma
12 years ago
17 posts

And Mr.Eagle's dreads are best example of how just washing and being patient work.

Listen to this guy.You're in good hands here :) I had to restart my dreads before finding his advice so worthwhile.Don't make my mistake

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

pretty sure they are just beads i looked closely to be sure

--
Kayla Jensen
@kayla-jensen
12 years ago
21 posts

oh okay no more palm rolling for me! haha thanks guys! I have beads and rubber bands in.. i read in numerous websites to use rubberbands until they form..should i cut them out then? I'd rather listen to real people who know what there doing vers a website. Thanks for all the advice guys!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form