Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lighter tips? :o

Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Do dreads tips lighten over time?I was looking at my dreads today, well, about 5 minutes ago after I just rinsed them. I noticed that the tips are light brown, and getting slightly orange-ish looking. I'm not freaked out by it or anything, but I'd like to know how, or why that happens, if it is naturally occurring.(:
updated by @matthew: 02/14/15 05:31:16AM
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
yah mine are definatly lighter near the ends(tips)i always jus thought that it was beacuse that hair is older and thus has been exposed to sun alot longerwhich i believe lightens hair
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Hummm, makes sense.I think it looks so bad ass.:D Matted Dew said:
yah mine are definatly lighter near the ends(tips)
i always jus thought that it was beacuse that hair is older and thus has been exposed to sun alot longer
which i believe lightens hair
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
HAHAH didoi love lighter tips and then i jus got blessed with um kindaish hahahahhaNams Matthew said:
Hummm, makes sense.
I think it looks so bad ass.
:D

Matted Dew said:
yah mine are definatly lighter near the ends(tips)
i always jus thought that it was beacuse that hair is older and thus has been exposed to sun alot longer
which i believe lightens hair
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
sunlight bleaches em yes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Hah, I'm gonna try an get more sun now!Kinda late, considering it's practically winter already.Oh well! Time for snowy dreadss!:D
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
I got that too. I thought I was getting it just because I put a few squirts of lemon in my baking soda wash.
Brad
@brad
15 years ago
20 posts
yea man my girlfriend was asking me tha same question the other day about mine but honestly i had no idea why the tips are turning like bleach blond...but yea i guess the sun bleaching them out makes sense....but yea time for winter...everyone make sure to wear a tam if you go out wtih them wet or your gonna have some icesicles on your head lol :D
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Lol, bleach blond, intense!!I went to visit some relatives with my friend this past week.They kept asking who dyed my tips, because they looked really nice.I was like, "Big papa sol did 'em!"It took them a while, but they eventually understood what was going on.;D Brad said:
yea man my girlfriend was asking me tha same question the other day about mine but honestly i had no idea why the tips are turning like bleach blond...but yea i guess the sun bleaching them out makes sense....but yea time for winter...everyone make sure to wear a tam if you go out wtih them wet or your gonna have some icesicles on your head lol :D
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
15 years ago
362 posts
It's definitely the sun that does it. That and you'll also notice lighter tips if your hair is like mine and darkens over time... I'm hoping to get a good amount of silver hair by the time I'm 30! That way they can be red on the tips, fading to dark brown, then to black, then to silver!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form