Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone

Crazyboy414
@crazyboy414
15 years ago
10 posts
Hi, I'm really wanting to get dreads, I'm not sure whether I should use the natural method or a quicker method like backcombimg or twist and rip. The only reason I'm skeptical about going natural is because a friend tried to do it naturally and first it took him years and second it smelled so bad and always looked so dirty. Can you still wash hair while dreads are forming??
updated by @crazyboy414: 02/14/15 07:36:32AM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
oof, sounds like your friend never washed his hair an thought that helped dreading,Yes you definitely WANT to wash your hair while neglectingtheres alot of good threads *one I think is on the front page right now* that tell you about how 2 care for your hair while going the natural route, the thing you wanna stop using is conditioner,and your dreads shouldn't smell bad
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ypu need tothats what your freind did wrong!you need to wash washing helps it dreadmany who go natural find it is just as fast as any other method..sometimes taking only weeks but more common is monthsyou want your hair clean

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Crazyboy414
@crazyboy414
15 years ago
10 posts
Thanks how long should hair be to start dreading and how long does the process take??
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
no matter what your hair length is you can start by getting rid of your brush,if your gonna be back combing, you usually want between 4-6inches, goes the same for other methods
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
4-6 inches for natural.. and time varies widelysome dread overnight even many dread in a few weeks most by months ..if oily can take awhile but theres thing that can be dont to help that toonaturaly average may be a couple monthspost pics and i maybe can guess Crazyboy414 said:
Thanks how long should hair be to start dreading and how long does the process take??

--
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Ahh back combing.. too painful to me.. Eww your friend didn't wash his hair.. makes me wonder about his personal hygiene, anyways you came to the right place!!!:D
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
how the hell do you guys keep your dreads smelling nice? If i wash mine on Monday theyll be fairly nasty smelling on Friday (sort of an oily unwashed hair smell) but only within 3 inches of my head. It doesnt smell awful or anything but i wouldnt want anyone sniffing my head
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
mines noyt oilybut try thyme to reduce oilinessu can add a lil oils to youir wash to help add scentteatree also kills bacteria that cause smells

--
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
ill try out the tea tree tomorrow and pick up some thyme. thanks soaringeagle said:
mines noyt oily
but try thyme to reduce oiliness
u can add a lil oils to youir wash to help add scent
teatree also kills bacteria that cause smells
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form