Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What Do I do now?

Ellie J Righteousness
@ellie-j-righteousness
12 years ago
12 posts

Ok so I've had my dreads in for 2 weeks now- other than washing every so often: is there anything I should be doing to them? I know not to palm roll or use wax.. but I heard u were supposed to continue back- combing them? I havnt done this, but I wanted to make sure. So if theres anything at all that im supposed to be doing, let me know thank you ^_^

updated by @ellie-j-righteousness: 01/13/15 09:26:45PM
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
12 years ago
87 posts

Just leave them alone. Unless you do not want congos. Congos are when your locks join together to form a thicker lock. You can seperate them if you want so that you don't have huge locks. I chose not to but I have locks of many different sizes which is just find with me. It is a personal preference. There is a lot of information addressing specific needs. So I would also recommend just perusing this site for whatever specific information you need.

Just remember dreadlocks are nothing like a high maintenance average hairdo that takes several minutes or hours to take care of. Exercising patience helps.

Ellie J Righteousness
@ellie-j-righteousness
12 years ago
12 posts

Yea- leaving them alone was my intentions, but like I said I had to make sure lol. but thanks girl for the reassurance ^_^

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Definitely don't re-backcomb them, that's counter-productive. They loosen, they tighten, they change...it's just how they dread. Separate if you don't want congos, but if you do, then literally do nothing but wash :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

where did u hear that>? no avbsolutely do not rebackcomb them

if u re-backcomb your dreads will never be any older then 1 day old ..or however long u wait between rebackcombing

the only way they dread is by leaving them alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ellie J Righteousness
@ellie-j-righteousness
12 years ago
12 posts

thanks guys :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form