Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

happy then unhappy then happy then unhappy

Luke Stanton
@luke-stanton
12 years ago
61 posts

this is how i am with my dreads haha. everyone says there is suppose to be loose hairs but i have what i feel like is more than normal. they pretty much look like shit at some pionts. especially in the morning. but then i talk to myself and say its all good, then i like them. and later on i will hate how they look. so much up and down emotions about them at this early stage!

updated by @luke-stanton: 01/13/15 09:26:38PM
Luke Stanton
@luke-stanton
12 years ago
61 posts

thats what gets me through it all is just thinking about what they are gonna look like in the future! thanks. i wish i could get rid of all mirrors for like the next 6 months ahaha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well they will be extra fuzzy as u go through crochet recovery due to allthe loose hairs popping out ..all the hairs u broke with the hook.. you'll just have to accept that and get through it

you'll also have to accept it taking a bity longer to dread up

but 1 thing you do have an advantage over is not having to worry too much about them unraveling so at least you wont be pannicking about that

i try to explain this to everyone but the "im too impatient to go natural" backfires all the time you rush to start em then within days pannick sets in ..omg i got loose hairs omg they are unraveling omg they are lumpy bumpy zig zaggy omg they are messy..etc now if you go natural the same omg statements are followed with a !!! of excitement not pannick and no matter how messy it might be theres pride ..

and besides it shouldnt take knowing that they will look awesome someday to get you through..all you should need is the how its affecting you today in the here and now..the journey the discovery of you

and that i what you trie to skip by trying to make them look good in a day

it backfired..now youir still on that journey.. but a lil riugher a lil longer

so dont let it upset you

instead take it as a lesson a challenge and embrace it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Don't look at them. Obviously people tend to use mirrors, but don't focus on your hair at all, just ignore it. That's what I did the first few months and it flew by, it helped a LOT because instead of looking everyday and not seeing progress, I saw a great deal of progress. Feels nice when you look at them every month or two and see the progress that way. As for loose hairs...everyone has a lot of them lol and no-one notices as much as you do.

Evelyn Maes
@evelyn-maes
12 years ago
30 posts

I had that also in the beginning, after a while i stopped looking at them daily and suddenly when i looked again after a few months they looked so nice :) the worst months where around 3 and then when they were 6-8 months old, now they are nice :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've watched your vids on youtube. Even with the loose hairs, they looked great. You shouldn't be worried about that. It took me about a year to even start looking like I was growing locks. They were just a tangled mess and gnarly. Yours look well formed even after you wash them. That's something to be proud of. I guess you gave up on the crochet hook. That video bothered me. I didn't even know what to comment. They looked so good without the hook, I couldn't imagine why you'd decide to start using it.

I do like to advise taking down your mirrors. But that's more for people with less self control. I think you could make it through without taking them down. With how your locks have been forming and keeping their shape, you can be confident that they will mature quickly and look great sooner rather than later. Just stay patient. We've all been through that fuzzy stage. So, whenever you feel bad about them, just look through all of our pictures and see how ours looked at your stage. It'll make you feel better

Luke Stanton
@luke-stanton
12 years ago
61 posts

yea i am just going to put on a beanie everytime i go into the bathroom so i dont have to see my hair in the mirror hahah. thanks everyone for the support! it really helps :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form