Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A Successful Recovery!

Carina Nicole
@carina-nicole
12 years ago
12 posts

Last year in August my friend Alex wanted dreadies so bad. He was going to get his hair dresser friend to do his locks. When he told me how she was going to do them I said 'NO DICE!' And proceeded to take over. I Tried to persuade him to go natural, But he is an impatient fucker and wanted them done asap.

So I spent the better part of two days breastfeeding, and dreading his hair, while watching the Big Labowski. I sectioned his hair, and twist and ripped some little puppies in. I gave him an aloe plant (because I have a million) and a little bottle of apple cidervinegar, some tea tree oil, and some sea salt. Told him what not to do, and what to do...which was nothing :P

Anyways the fucker didn't listen, and at about 7 months into his journey he came over, and I yelled at him because he interlocked the shit out of his hair. I have never seen someone fuck their dreads up so badly! This is a picture of after I attempted to undo some of the damage. noah%20005.JPG and another noah%20007.JPG

It has been about 4 months since I attempted to undo his doing, and now look at them!!!!!

day%20037.JPG day%20043.JPG day%20042.JPG

Time will heal the wounds, but they are getting pretty wonderful! :)

updated by @carina-nicole: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

good save!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

now u got to make him an account and force him to spend a minumum of 6 hoirs reading the site before u let him touch his own haor ever again..haha

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

lol. They do look so much better now. It can take longer than 4 months to fix, so he lucked out

Tania Intactilactivist Willett
@tania-intactilactivist-willett
12 years ago
4 posts

Wow, Thanks so much for posting this. His locks (before) looks a lot like mine, I am 1 month into crochet recovery, and these pictures have given me hope ! If you could please take 2 mins to look at my pics and give me some tips too, It would be greatly appreciated. Help me save my locks too :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

your doing fine yiu threw away the hook

just keep em hapy and heakthy from here

Tania Intactilactivist Willett said:

Wow, Thanks so much for posting this. His locks (before) looks a lot like mine, I am 1 month into crochet recovery, and these pictures have given me hope ! If you could please take 2 mins to look at my pics and give me some tips too, It would be greatly appreciated. Help me save my locks too :)

--
Carina Nicole
@carina-nicole
12 years ago
12 posts

He did luck out! Oh my unicorn his poor scalp. I asked him if he was getting tension headaches and what not, but I guess his skull is made of steel! Lol! I am trying to get him on here...but you know....stoners! Hes not the internet type :P

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form