Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need some Help!!!

Rohan Manro
@rohan-manro
12 years ago
2 posts

okay basically, im looking to start dreads (and have been for a while). im currently growing out my hair and it is about 2inches long at the moment anyway i have a big problem with greasy and oily hair. unless i wash my hair everyday it gets greasy ( i have straight, indian hair) and i was also wondering what would be the best method to start dreads? im attracted to the twist and rip method and the back combing method but am unsure about which would be best for my hair type (straight and thick)

also i like keeping fit and healthy so i tend to sweat alot would this affect my whole dreading process ?

updated by @rohan-manro: 01/13/15 09:25:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

washing daily makes u greasy, you strip healthy oils daily the scalp rebels and pumps out on overtime to compensate

try this stop combing (at 2 inches it wont dread for awhile) wash with a dread shampoo or the baking soda recipe (id start with that ) wash every 2..then 3.. then if u can 4 days slowly extend it till u can go 3 or 4 days without being overly oily

after a bit u when keeping it the lower side of normal will make u less oily slowly

nt be oily if u use the bs/acv 1t dont use any acv or very lil very weak oily hairs more acidy so tipping it towards neutral to alkaline will slowly make u less oily

then it will dread as it grows once long enough

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

oh and sweats not bad unless u got a bad diet and bacteria u should rinse it out but if its clean sweat its salt water which is good

--
Cliff Loc*head
@cliff-lochead
12 years ago
21 posts

Welcome aboard. You will need a bit of patience, it might be 6 months to a year before your hair is long enough to start dreading itself. When it is ready it will happen though. I started with a crew cut and just let it grow and about a year later i found a small nicely formed dreadhad developed without me knowing - apart from washing i pretty much dont do anything. 6 months later i have maybe 8 dreads, all naturally formed. If you plan on keeping dreads for a long while then a year or to of waiting at the start is no big deal overall. Happy journeys.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

well biotin supliments will help the hair grow faster so it will get there sooner

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form