Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

extension questionssss

Dominique Matteo
@dominique-matteo
12 years ago
5 posts

so eventually i want to put in extensions cause my hair is really short i wanted to know whats the best way to make them and put them in without harming your dreads and what to do if i don't want blunted tips. please if u know of a method on how to put them in without harming the hair please let me know. :)

updated by @dominique-matteo: 01/13/15 09:25:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can comb out the ends (tip s of real dreads roots of extentions) a couple inches then mash the ends together like if your splicing rope but instead of weaving the strands like you do when splicing wrap the joints in hemp or embroidery thread wrap an inch or so above and below too so its sturdy and lets the hair inside dread together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it wont take too long to grow tho so why bother

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Also, human hair can get pricey when it comes to extensions. Comb the forums because I'm sure there are a lot of other people who've done this in the past and their experiences can help with your research.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

most of em removed the extensions after a few weeks to months i think most would say it was a waste of time and money..

most say they didnt feel right like they were dead weight not a part of them

there were a few blog posts about that

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Yeah, that's why I thought it would be a good idea to read up on those. It's a time and money investment that really needs consideration at the spiritual level. :)

Dominique Matteo
@dominique-matteo
12 years ago
5 posts

thank you so much for your input guys i really appreciate it :)

Carina Nicole
@carina-nicole
12 years ago
12 posts

I did this once, Used Kankelon(sp?) hair....I could not stand how it felt on my skin. Synthetic hair blows!! They are fun to braid in for a party or something but I could not handle the feeling of fakeness on my body. I'm also a very textural person...I could spend hours touching things,especiallysoft things, like some kind of burnt out Etard hahah! Good luck though, they can be fun to make, and you can do all kind of crazy colours. Weee!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form