Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadsiration

FREEBIRD
@freebird
12 years ago
15 posts

To be nobody but youself in a world that's doing its best to make you sombody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight....E.E. Cummings

Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has. Billy Graham

On the begining of my journy I've learned to not need others approval and to listen to that voice inside telling me to throw away my comb. My mom has offered me 200 dollars to take them out. My husband likes my straight hair. My cusin said ono not again. On the other hand different types of people come up to talk with me :) People who are more interesting to me becuase I am attracting those like my true self inside. I get several positive comments from others too. So in the end it's that voice inside that matters. My family will learn to love it :)

i used to want instant perfect dreads. A long time coming I realize what others were saying all along. Easy come easy go.....

I'm finding myself in this world while my hair is finding it's palce on my head. I may not have dreads forever but I will forever know what it means to be a dread :)

ONE LOVE

updated by @freebird: 01/13/15 09:25:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i love this very well said

only 200 mine tried 10,000

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FREEBIRD
@freebird
12 years ago
15 posts

10,000!!!!!!! wow were you tempted to take the money? I was thinking...I lived in JA for a time and if one had dreads they were called rasta mon.No questions asked.I suppose it's like if I see someone with a cowboy hat I would call them a cow boy. If somone called you a rasta mon what would you say? Someone asked me if i was and I said no just free, but if someone said, "rasta come here".. I would come.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tempted/ not even a tiny bit..lil pissed tho..

and i never mind it much

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FREEBIRD
@freebird
12 years ago
15 posts

Good thing cuz then no dreadlockssite.com....Just another example of overcoming adversity and the fruits that came out of it.

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

It used to seem weird, people turning down good money offers if only they combed out their dreads. But now it's like...why would you? If you choose to let your hair dread, it matters to you, so to comb them out for money is to say that you're willing to suppress any aspect of yourself, do anything that makes you uncomfortable, for money. It's important to be yourself even when others don't accept it, because that's what makes you stronger. So well said :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form