Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What's shakin'?

Mechanical Butterfly
@mechanical-butterfly
15 years ago
24 posts
Just wanted to say hey to everyone and do the intro thing.My name's Trevor, and I'm a Dread-a-holic... haha.I'm down in Charlotte, SC... I've been considering dreads for about the last two years, and it's been quite a while in coming.I've always had short hair, up until about three years ago when I moved from my hometown in TN, to here. The first night I was here, I cropped my hair pretty close, and have only cut it twice, to get the bleached parts out of it. I've been in the process of a journey of self-discovery and finding who I want to be, versus who I was and what everyone -expected- me to be.So, I've sectioned my hair out kind of roughly with some 'bands until I can find some beads that will actually stay in my hair, and am taking the next step in removing my meddling hands from my hair. ;-)So far from what I've read (I almost feel like a peeping-tom, by not having jumped in and been a participant) this is probably the friendliest, most openly honest, and least catty of all the forums I've been a part of. So, how could I say 'no' to being involved?I look forward to talking with as many of you as I can, I think I'll benefit from the experience.Kindest,Trev.
updated by @mechanical-butterfly: 01/13/15 08:28:39PM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Hey man Welcome, you've got some awesome hair in your current pic to :PI bet you'll have some awesome dreads in time
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
Ah, I usually stalk from afar to get a feel for a forum too. I'm glad you decided to get involved, welcome and good look with the dreading! Your hair in that photo looks pretty cool by the way.
Courtney J
@courtney-j
15 years ago
100 posts
Hey man, Welcome! If you wanna do dreads, I say do it. I debated for like 7 years about it. Then I kinda realized that if I really wanted something that bad that it could hold my attention (not an easy thing to do at all ha ha) for that long... I needed to do it.
Lost
@lost
15 years ago
22 posts
good outlook bro, check out the trading thread, might fnd some cool beads. an Welcome
Mechanical Butterfly
@mechanical-butterfly
15 years ago
24 posts
Iain and Hayley... I look forward to having a Lock-Hawk..lol. My hair was so big at that concert, I had to lay down in the back of my friend's van with my head turned sideways, just to fit in the vehicle.I'm definitely letting my hair take it's course to dread-dom, and I'm thrilled to be on the path, so to speak. I think I'm going to see if I can start makin' some beads of my own as well. I don't suppose anyone knows if there are any adverse reactions between hair and poly clay, by chance?
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Hey bro.. yeah, everybody is pretty cool and laid back here. One of the reasons why I joined. No drama..lol school is out. you would look AWESOME with dreads go for it!!:D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form