Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts

K another question... lol. I have ONE formed dreadlock, and it's got some sort of residue. You can see the hair not right on the outside but a layer or two in is a bit gray/blue and I think it's because I've been using Dr. Bronner's... what can I use to get this out with, and do I have to really scrub the lock? Thanks in advance. :)

updated by @heathen-hippie-o: 01/13/15 09:24:38PM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

MM.

I use Dr. Bronners (diluted to 1/12 to water) and don't have any residue issues. Are you using the bar or the liquid (if so how diluted) and anything else going onto the hair?

I did do a little research about Bronners as a shampoo before deciding to try it and it was pretty 50/50 for people. Some people complained of residue but they weren't diluting it by much water. Others complained of it drying them out... but then there were some, like me, who haven't had any issues so, perhaps it's just not for you?

BB.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it could be bronners if you got hard water but sounds more like lint or fuzz

if bronners..nutragena anti residue

ifgfuzz u can try picking it out carefully with tweezers scrubbing with the dreadlockshampoo.com bars or speraying with black tea to dye it darker so its hidden

(i had k]lint in mine that was ywars old the dreadlockshampoo.com bars did a great job of removing most) but did have to scrub

its most likely lint wich wont hurt u at all but u dont want it all over the surface either lkooking weird

so if its inside its fine to leave it there

satin wraps will prevent any more from gettin it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts

Don't know why but I amjust now seeing these responses lol. I have looked for Neutragena anti-residue... is it shampoo or soap? Can't seem to find it.

What's on my dreadlock looks shiny but it's not coming out with the Suave anti-residue shampoo I've been using, so I'm worried it's something bad. :/

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

suave and nutragena should be availible at the same stores im not sure if its shiny..u never used wax i assume? if not wax it can be the scalps own buildup what color? can u post a closeup photo?

--
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts

Nope never used wax. Well not there, anyway. I tried it but it was 90% petroleumjelly and it came right out, only used like a pea-sized amount.

I thought it might be residue from the Dr. Bronner's because when I mix Bronner's with water it gets cloudy, so I figured it might leave a bit of a shine. I will try to get a picture to upload here, have to charge my phone first since the battery is low. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

petroleum based waxes are rthe worse and probly didnt come out

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Petroleum isn't water soluble so there may be some still in your dreads (even if it's not the residue you are referring to here.)

Anyhoo, my Bronners does get cloudy but I don't have any residue or build up on my scalp. I use it every other day-ish.

However, if you have hard water Bronners is known to leave a residue behind.

Here is a link so you know what the neutrogena anti-residue shampoo looks like:

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/anti-residue+shampoo.do

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts
It wasn't very much at all, not even the size of my finger nail [and I bite my nails] and it was at the front of my head. It's not possible it's in the dread I'm talking about :P But I do appreciate the reminder. Thanks for the link, that way I know what I am looking for! :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form