Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Prospective Dreadhead Reporting In...

MooseHead
@moosehead
15 years ago
9 posts
Hey everyone,I'm MooseHead...real name Tom. You can call me Tom, Tommy, Moose, Moosehead, Moosie, -THE- Moose, The Moosemeister General, Oi You...whatever you want. ;DI don't have dreads yet, but I plan to start via twist/rip to section and then go natural in a few weeks once school is finished here in Aus so that I can go that little while of unbrushed hair. My hair will dread really easy since after just one day of not brushing, I can already see the beginnings of dreads appear.I love meeting interesting, friendly people and this community seems to be full of them.I am a passionate musician. My primary instrument and which I spend the majority of my time improving my skills on is the bass guitar. I recently got 90-95% for my practical music exams of my final year at school, so I believe I'm doing alright at it. :P I also play acoustic guitar, electric guitar and piano/keyboard. I also know the basics of saxophone, clarinet, trombone and trumpet. I can write interesting drum lines, but I don't have the physical drumming skills to back up my drum writing skills. hahaI listen to large variety of music from Death Metal, to Funeral Doom, to Ambient Drone, to Reggae, to Funk, to Blues, to Acoustic, to Jazz and everything in between. An example of my favourite artists are: Sunn O))) (Ambient Drone), Mournful Congregation (Doom), Portal (Avant Guarde), Newton Faulkner (Acoustic), John Butler Trio (Acoustic), Bob Marley (Reggae) etc.I am very interested in science, in particular physics and plan to utilize my mathematical skills to study theoretical computational physics at univeristy in 2011 after I do extra maths and physics at school next year. Sounds simple, huh? :P I love understanding how the universe works as a whole and want to contribute to the exciting research that physics and discover more about our extistence.I looked into growing dreadlocks a while back but was put off by how crappy and 'side-show bob like' the backcombed dreads looked and how much money I had to spend on products that I thought was necessary at the time. I've since discovered this site and ready nearly every topic in every section. I'm just glad that the cynical scientific part of my personality brought me to further research dreadlocks past Dreadhead HQ and KnottyBoy.Woah, I feel like I've written an essay. I will give a cookie to all of those that bothered reading my ranting. hahaI look forward to getting to know other dreadlock enthusiasts.Cheers,MooseHead (or Tom, Your Holy Holiness, That Dude without dreads etc.):P
updated by @moosehead: 02/14/15 07:56:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
i want a cookieumm im kinda glad i threw awayy my radio so many years ago.. what the hell is funeral doom and ambiant dronesounds painfulya dont play didj?i totaly love yutho yinde.. not that i listen to em much..but they are awesomeim gonna look up that funeral stuff maybe even the droning but i have a feelin just by the names i wont be able to stand more then a few seconds of it..no offence :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
ok i looked up sun o))) and well i couldnt tell if i was listening to music or a motorcycle passing by..but i did manage to endure 3 secondsmournfull whatever was depressing.. did ressemble music at least i mean had the elements of music, ..baseline rythem etc ..but was painfil and depressing ..i did manage maybe 8 seconds thoughdont mean to be offensive though i used to like alotta annoying noise back in the day..just anymore i cant stand anything thats not both non commercialized and upliftingi mean how can ya be a healthy happy person when the music ya subject yourself to is all just ..die die die ..kill kill kill (i didnt hear any lyrics so not basing it on that just the depressive feel of it)

--
Bobbi
@bobbi
15 years ago
27 posts
welcome! i am also a recent dreader :) i'm loving it, it's been 3 weeks of doing nothing but washing my hair twice a week and i've got a few baby dreads forming up! it's good to have you here. i would also like that cookie! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
yay baby dreads in 3 weeks natural i love itpost pics Bobbi said:
welcome! i am also a recent dreader :) i'm loving it, it's been 3 weeks of doing nothing but washing my hair twice a week and i've got a few baby dreads forming up! it's good to have you here. i would also like that cookie! :)

--
jacob miller
@jacob-miller
15 years ago
15 posts
Hey that Dude without dreads, LOlIt's always nice to see a prospect in the works. When I got dreadlocks it was a decision that came true almost overnight. I decided that I wanted them after going to the jazzfest in new orleans and the spirit of the suwannee fest in florida where i currently live just north of there. I never realized how much time and maintenance dreads would be. However, I do believe that through this experience and the last 5 and half months I have not only grown physically and numerically but also spiritually and mentally. I have looked deeper into my true being and realized that it doesnt matter wat people think of you but wat u think of urself. I think of it as a metaphorically lifestyle. As I myself grow and get more mature, my dreadlocks grow and mature. In a similar fashion, as I go through rough patches in life, so do my dreads and both come out okay in the end. Patience is a virtue and I never understood that until embarking on this journey. It truly was, for me, a life altering experience. For some it is a hairstyle but for me it was a lifestyle. I love my dreads now and I take the criticism with a grain of salt. Being a part of several dreadlock forums in the past I can speak from experience in saying that this forum is by far the most open and easy going. Once again I am glad to see a new face amongst us dreadheads, if you will, and spread the word. I hope these words have encouraged you to embark on your dread journey.Peace, Love, and Dreads,Jacob
Lost
@lost
15 years ago
22 posts
<--- cookie ? :)hey so welcome to the sight, i have to say i NV you a bit for how quik your seeing results in your hair, i hope it continues at that pace.Good luck dreaden brotha
Tomasu
@tomasu
15 years ago
66 posts
props brother..funeral doom and ambient drone! :D...nice to meet another enlightend soulI caught mournful congregation in france this april..one of the most beautiful live show's i've ever attended! going to see Sunn O))) in december in Manchester..i saw them in 2007 just after they released the split with Boris.Good luck with the dreads man!! :D
Tomasu
@tomasu
15 years ago
66 posts
also SE..i write a fair bit of ambient drone myself..i try and make absolutly beautiful and emotionaly provoking..not all of it sounds like the weight of exsistence coming down www.myspace.com/mistsofnowhere soaringeagle said:
ok i looked up sun o))) and well i couldnt tell if i was listening to music or a motorcycle passing by..but i did manage to endure 3 seconds
mournfull whatever was depressing.. did ressemble music at least i mean had the elements of music, ..baseline rythem etc ..but was painfil and depressing ..i did manage maybe 8 seconds though
dont mean to be offensive though i used to like alotta annoying noise back in the day..just anymore i cant stand anything thats not both non commercialized and uplifting
i mean how can ya be a healthy happy person when the music ya subject yourself to is all just ..die die die ..kill kill kill (i didnt hear any lyrics so not basing it on that just the depressive feel of it)
MooseHead
@moosehead
15 years ago
9 posts
Sorry guys for not replying earlier, been busy with Year 12 (senior year) homework and exam revision.Yeah, ambient drone and funeral doom isn't for everyone. If anything I listen to more acoustic folk, funk, blues and reggae lately. Each to their own I guess. :)Thanks for the warm welcomes...
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form