Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What would you do with this loop?

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

One of my locks near the front has this ever growing loop jutting out of it and it's annoying the shit out of me. The problem is that the lock is mature. It's firm. It's not going to eat anymore surrounding hairs because THEY are also very secure where they are so... I've got this loop just hanging out there looking like a butthead.

Do I cut it, meaning cut it where it starts to jut up and then flows into the hair below it and then leave the rest of the lock alone? The hair will stay in there because it's so well matted but I don't want to potentially weaken the lock overall. I don't have very big locks but they're what God gave me. I let them section themselves as they saw fit.

I worked with the loop a bit and figured that if I did indeed cut it then the lock wouldn't loose any real strength at all. The mass of hair below it is very strong. The loop consists of around ten hairs.

This loop is a real eyesore to me. What would you do?

updated by @angel-frye: 02/14/15 02:30:33AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why do anything its not an et=yesore just leave it alone i wouldnt cut it i wouldnt do a thing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and looking at it the hairs plenty loose avbove and below and..not mature so it total=y will suck in on oits own

just leave it alone

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

whats really funny is thats such a minor loop after reading your description i expected something..well more not such a puny lil thing thats really just barely there

i can tell ya everyone who loves their loops and shows them off their loops are way way way more ..loopy ..and wild then that puny lil thing

--
☽ Jasper ☾
@jasper
12 years ago
29 posts

That's funny, I have a similar loop and it makes for my favorite lock! ;p I would not cut it I think that will make your hair stick out even more, you could try a touch of palm rolling if its bothering you that much, but if I were you I'd try to learn to love it :)

FoxPaw
@foxpaw
12 years ago
114 posts

I have one that is really mature with a lil loop in the middle jetting out, i actually love it. I've learned not to freak out any more, but to observe and watch this very interesting journey. Separate if they need to be. But I say if it bothers you, you could tie up the whole lock or just kinda "bandage" it by just putting the hemp string on that specific area.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

give the loop a name

and an earring

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts
Wrap it, bead it, or just leave it be. I'd let it go
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Are you sure the dread's mature? Mature is when they stop changing, right? I don't think mature dreads have loops cos they all get sucked in (for the most part, except when there's a little lump left). It'll go away, it's probably just taking a while. My loops have been here for quite a while. Maybe you can put a bead on it?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

she started 11/9/11 5 months ago they arent even 1/2 way to mature just begining the teen stage with more loops to come

many that will be alot more interesting then that 1

thats a very minor loop

wait for the crazy ones that are on the way

and

learn to love thenm

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form