Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Meatless March Madness

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts

This month I have stopped eating meat entirely and I am really enjoying it.I made a page on facebook called Meatless March Madness and I invited a few close friends and people that I thought would be interested and doing it with me.

I did it partly to mark it off of my "bucket list" but then when everyone said "You'll never make it a month" or " We'll see how long this fad lasts" it made me more determined to stick with it.

I am a Taurus and naturally very bullheaded and when my mind is made up about something, it is GOING to happen one way or another. And I can honestly say that it has not been terribly difficult to keep it up.

I do miss meat sometimes but I truly only miss turkey and fish. Everything else I could do without. I wanted to pose a question to you all about your experiences with becoming vegetarian (to those of you that are Veggie's)

What are your opinions on becoming a complete vegetarian? Is it something that was hard to keep up forever or is it something that takes a lot of practice to make it part of your everyday life? I do want to continue being a vegetarian because I have found so many recipes that are so much better without meat bogging it down.

Also everyone (mom, dad, and boyfriend etc..) keeps asking me if I am going to continue on with it after the month is up. So there's that.. :))

Please lend me your thoughts on the matter. :)

Peace..

updated by @karrington-3: 02/15/15 07:16:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well i hacve been vegatarian 28 years now

when i started yea the 1st month or 2 i missed 1 or 2 things i liked but thenthey ..the 1;s i missed started to become king=da the grossest (peperoni and ham)

it wasnt hard art all to go veg and the longer i stuck with it the more u couldnt imagine ever going back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackie C.
@jackie-c
12 years ago
34 posts
Geez, I think the Universe is speaking to me about going veggie. I am inspired by this discussion and others I've read recently and by some of the info Didgeridurian has out there on vegan diets. My dreads are growing into my brain, as SE puts it. Haha!
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts

haha :) well, I have noticed a tremendous difference in how many stomach aches I get and how much less bloated I am. :)

As far as the dreads growing into your brain, I can dig that too. Mine have changed so much about me and what I want out of life its the darnedest thing.

Jackie C. said:

Geez, I think the Universe is speaking to me about going veggie. I am inspired by this discussion and others I've read recently and by some of the info Didgeridurian has out there on vegan diets. My dreads are growing into my brain, as SE puts it. Haha!
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts

Yeah and that's how I fell most days. My mom and dad have been incredibly supportive of it too (I guess its because I am their "special child") I'm the one who has been the most different at everything

I really like being a veggie to tell you the truth. I am missing meat less and less as the month goes by. I really think that I may stick with it for a while.

I have a few issues with my digestion as it is and I have noticed that since having no meat in my diet this month I haven't had any stomach aches or anything.. I really feel much better these days :)

soaring eagle said:

well i hacve been vegatarian 28 years now

when i started yea the 1st month or 2 i missed 1 or 2 things i liked but thenthey ..the 1;s i missed started to become king=da the grossest (peperoni and ham)

it wasnt hard art all to go veg and the longer i stuck with it the more u couldnt imagine ever going back

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

2 weeks without meat & cooking hamburger for my husband today really grossed me out. i don't know if i'll eat beef ever again.

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts

Yeah, before this month I hadn't eaten beef for 7 months and I def don't miss it.. Blech!

Mindy
@mindy
12 years ago
12 posts

It gets easier as time goes on, but there are a lot of traps now that didn't used to be, junk foods to fall on because they don't have meat. Overdoing soy is really easy and not healthy, and a lot of "meat replacement" stuff (morningstar farms etc) has a lot of chemicals to make it meat-like, if that makes sense. I was vegetarian for about 10 years and ran into a lot of pitfalls, my cholesterol was continually climbing because of hidden trans fats in veggie food (where butter might have been used in the original versions) and lack of protein was making my muscle mass nonexistent. The whole idea of mindful eating is really important, and making sure like all things there is balance.

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts

Duly noted. This month I have been meat free, not necessarily over doing it on other meat replacement foods. I have tried a few of them but nothing too serious. I do still like a boiled egg every once in a while and I do still like cheese. I am going to research it a bit more and make my final decision. Thank you so much for your advise. I greatly appreciate it :)

Mindy Swartz said:

It gets easier as time goes on, but there are a lot of traps now that didn't used to be, junk foods to fall on because they don't have meat. Overdoing soy is really easy and not healthy, and a lot of "meat replacement" stuff (morningstar farms etc) has a lot of chemicals to make it meat-like, if that makes sense. I was vegetarian for about 10 years and ran into a lot of pitfalls, my cholesterol was continually climbing because of hidden trans fats in veggie food (where butter might have been used in the original versions) and lack of protein was making my muscle mass nonexistent. The whole idea of mindful eating is really important, and making sure like all things there is balance.

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts
Se I dunno if you can see this comment but I'm gonna post it here because every time I refresh the page, it disappears. but here is my reply to your comment.Yeah and that's how I fell most days. My mom and dad have been incredibly supportive of it too (I guess its because I am their "special child") I'm the one who has been the most different at everythingI really like being a veggie to tell you the truth. I am missing meat less and less as the month goes by. I really think that I may stick with it for a while.I have a few issues with my digestion as it is and I have noticed that since having no meat in my diet this month I haven't had any stomach aches or anything.. I really feel much better these days :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form