Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help!!!!

Erin Johnson
@erin-johnson
12 years ago
1 posts

I have been dreading my son's hair for a year now and we are having the most difficult time keeping his hair lengthy. He has really curly fine hair. His hair is actually below his shoulders after I wash it, but by the time it dries, it shrinks all the way up to the nape of his neck. We are both very frustrated and he is so ready for what he calls "hang time".

Any suggestions, products, or techniques?

updated by @erin-johnson: 01/13/15 09:22:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads shrink alot the 1st year what have u used abd done

most likely you just gotta stop whast your doing

bhut the 1st year they will shrink a whole lot then grow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok i read all your doing your really doing everythihbg wrong u never ever ever use anutg=hing from dreadheadhq! never use wax u mi[hujst remove the wax and stop retwisting

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thisw is asimple solution

remove the wax!2 wax is a dread killer abd a scam

we have a wac=x remover but yiu used beeswax wuip[ich is extra hard to remove so you will have to keeo remi;oving it over abd over till its gone wax is extrenmekly hard to get out of dreads u never wahnt waxin dreasds!

next stop retwisting!'

retwisting can weaken roots thin them make em break and even make him go bald

when the waxis gone u dont have to do a thihbg to dreads just wash and seoperate thats akll

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
12 years ago
751 posts

unfortunately that's gonna happen. dreads need to tighten, which means shorten. there really won't be anynoticeablegrowth until like 1-2 years in. and even then it'll be a slow growth

brandis moody
@brandis-moody
12 years ago
10 posts

The good news is, once they've shrunk as much as they can, they'll start growing like crazy! My hair was past my hips when I dreaded it, now it's shoulder length. I kinds wish I had known it would happen, it's pretty scary when you don't know to expect it! Nothing to worry about though:]

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form