Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

getting color out of my hiar

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

Id like to get all this hair dye off my head and go back to my natural color.. i know they have color out stuff, but i was wanting something.. more natural i guess. i was told i should deep condiditonif i use this color out stuff, and i dont think that would be very wise seeing in that my babes are not even 2 months yet..( almost though) and that might set back the progress.

My hair is naturally dark blonde and i dyed it dark brown.. i ve been seeing things about lemon juice lighting hair but i dont think that would actually take the hair dye out?

i wash with baking soda and that only took out some of it near the front of my hair line in my bangs.. does anybody know of anything?

updated by @lindsey3: 02/14/15 05:07:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda will slowly remove it

other then that id ask panterra (hair and scalp experts link in members area)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

prell will remove hair dye. walmart sells it for around $3. scrub your hair with it and then leave it on your hair for 10 or 15 minutes. rinse, rinse, rinse. it will probably take a few washes like this over the course of a couple of weeks. plus side is that prell won't hurt your developing dreads. its actually a bit drying which could help you dread up a bit more:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats why yiyr an expert i would have never guessed

--
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

my mom was a hairdresser and she told me about this when my daughter dyed her hair and it came out too dark. worked like a charm:)

soaring eagle said:

thats why yiyr an expert i would have never guessed

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

always wondered why you knew so much

--
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Does Prell only take out fresh dye or can it remove dye that is more than a few months old?

I've got four inches of salt and pepper roots and the rest is a medium red. BS has lightened the red substantially but it's still a high contrast with my roots. I want it OUT so that I can have my natural color back and be completely natural, salt and pepper and all.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts
Im not sure if it works differently based on color. I've always heard that red fades the fastest. Did you box dye or henna? Box dye will definitely fade but with henna your probably not going to be able to remove it all. I would give it a try though.
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i am curious about removing henna. I love my color but I don't want to keep up on dyeing it so i want to get back to my blah natural color. I was using baking soda & not seeing a change, I used the locking up liquid shampoo & that stripped out some color right away (it was noticeably more red & less brownish so something was fading out). Haven't seen much change since, tried lemon juice a little bit but haven't seen a change from that either, but haven't really been in the sun with it in for long.

Any tips, constructive criticisms ect. are welcome. I feel like an idiot for having dyed my hair a color I love & now trying to remove it to a color I hate, but i think i would feel better about having it all the same as it grows out (or closer to the same color) so you don't see that big line of drastic color change :(

Heather said:

Im not sure if it works differently based on color. I've always heard that red fades the fastest. Did you box dye or henna? Box dye will definitely fade but with henna your probably not going to be able to remove it all. I would give it a try though.
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Ditto!

"I feel like an idiot for having dyed my hair a color I love & now trying to remove it to a color I hate, but i think i would feel better about having it all the same as it grows out (or closer to the same color) so you don't see that big line of drastic color change :("

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form