Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Johnny Clean's claims om youtube

Joni Marie Hash
@joni-marie-hash
12 years ago
16 posts
so, I just got done watching a few of... what's his face, knotty johnny clean? or whatever he calls himself on youtube. I watched the 3 part thing about wax with part A, B, and C. he's pretty damn convincing, not to me, don't get me wrong. I won't get sucked in to that and start using wax :) he claims that all of the problems and cons of using wax are purely coming from people overusing it and it's just amazing for dreads if you use the right amount. he goes on to say that even if you use the right amount, they will feel sticky and waxy.. so you need another of his products to counteract that feeling on the surface. oh! and he says that it washes out with no problem, but goes on to say that it does it's job from the inside underneath layers and layers of hair that you applied wax to. he claims that dreads will mature 2_10 times faster with his products. he also calls his wax the best dread wax you can get, he seems pretty arrogant :\ just my opinion though. like I said, I can see how he'd be pretty convincing to newbies to dreads with his products, his flashy videos with voice and video editing effects and his speech at the end about how he's just there to help. he even says that he doesn't tell people they need to use wax, but that people are trying to basically preach at you and force you to not use wax. he makes fun of people trying to convince others to not use his products though. he also takes some time at the end to thank people making anti-wax videos on youtube. has anyone else watched these videos? what do you think about this and the things he says? just lookin' for some feedback.
updated by @joni-marie-hash: 02/14/15 03:53:01PM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Yeah I have watched them. The constant voice effects really annoyed me, but I wanted to hear his defense and how he went about "debunking" the wax problems. It was a while ago I watched them, but I remember finding it funny cos he was saying something about how you shouldn't ever put wax on wet dreads cos it causes problems, but also says that wax takes "a few washes" to be removed. So basically...don't get them wet, but wax needs shampoo to get it out, so wash your hair a few times to get it out. That makes sense...lol. His dreads seemed unnaturally stiff too, they moved in a weird way as his head moved. I imagine that's the wax, but for all I know, it's normal.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

watch carefully and u will notivce the flasghy vid edits are timed perfectly to distract you from him contradicting himself constantly

wax doesnt trap do=irt

but if u throw it on a wall it traps do=irt

etc

every single point he makes he contradicts and uses those edits to distract stoned kids so they dont realize it

i mean whats with the dancing chicks in the background wacving their butts ?

hes a joke..a master scam artist

well wouldnt say that..amerature scamkmer at best

most people see right through the scam

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
12 years ago
751 posts

I watched them before I started dreading...and man am I lucky that I'm so obsessive about these things cus I kept searching and searching until I found this place. I can see how so many people new to dreads can get sucked into his products...I remember a couple of years ago he himself admitted on this site that wax doesn't allow new knots to form, only that it makes the knots made by the backcombing stick together faster...how are dreads ever going to last if they can't form a strong foundation on their own? maybe they'd look fine and look "matured" sooner, but they would be weak

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not only did he admit that no new knots form from day 1 he trid defining "maturity' by how hardthey got

which was 1 of our points that they get stiff and harden

so he designed a device to put weight on the dread and see how much it compressed to measure "tightness"

oh and i tried getting him to simply post a closeup photo of his dreads ..which i did as well

instead he did this whole presentation with "crowds of happy customers" as a background (none of which looked like they had dreads" ..and when u actually did zoom in on his dreads they looked very loose and all the time we begged for a simple photo or video without all the marketing and edits

but he wouldn't

hell he wouldnt even mention wax without adding :"when used correctly in conjunction with dreadheadhq shampoo and other dreadheadhq products" throwing in mire marketing jargon instead of straight answers SIMPLE PICTURES OR VIDS

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING TO GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER FROM HIM

OH AND WE DID THE MATH FOR HIS WAXING HE TELLS U TO USE A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT WHEN WE POINTED OUT THAT THE MATH ADDED UP TO A COUPLE JARS A MONTH (2 FOOT LONG DREADS) he redid his math like this

a 1/2 inch dreads (thickness) would have a 4 inch section so the total number of dreads was 1/8 the number we used so you'd use 1/8 as much as we thought

really? aq 4 inch section makes a 1/2 inch thick dread? so i must have just 8 dreads/

hes a joke

--
Joni Marie Hash
@joni-marie-hash
12 years ago
16 posts
thanks for the feedback! :) I just thought it was funny how he blamed the problems people had with wax on the customers, saying they just overused it. he says there won't be any problems if you don't overuse it, but then later says how easy it is to use too much. and what was the deal with the dread stuck to his face? lol. where is this closer up picture of his dreads? i'd like to see it :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in the debate discussion when we had a debate with him

and ofcourse you can blame every problem on over use when you never should use it at all

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

haha and i quote "over waxing is a disorder, its like uh, over eating."

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse a crushed skull is harmfull if you crush it too much thats why we warn you to only crush it enough to make it soft enough to shape it the way you want it

--
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Just had a wicked thought of finding his business address and sending him a crate full (and by crate I mean a STORE crate) of Dawn dishwashing liquid. One half of the crate would be for his nasty assed hair, with an accompanying note giving explicit directions of just how easy it is to UNDERdo the soap when using it correctly on waxy dreads and that he needs to be far more liberal with it that he tells people to be with his wax, and the other half of the crate would be a steady supply to wash his mouth out with soap every time he told a lie.

That crate of dishsoap would last about a week I imagine.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form