Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet hooks aren't ALL bad... (Not condoning the crochet method, I promise!)

AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

So this afternoon I was given some sculpey clay, and the first thing I thought of was... BEADS! I could not for the life of me figure out a way to get the beads the right size though. And I couldn't get them to sit on their ends, so that it wasn't making flat spots. Soooo... I got out my crochet hooks, wrapped then carefully in foil, built my bead around the handles, and laid the hooks across a muffin tin. I now have Meatwad (from ATHF), a pokeball, a 1UP mushroom, a grow-up mushroom, a rainbow striped sleeve, a whorled rainbow spiral, and a pink/purple whorl bead. Tomorrow, I'm hoping the make a black/white sleeve, like a racing flag. :) Pics when I find my camera :D

updated by @allornothing: 02/14/15 05:45:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha cool :)

was hoping this was a "i found a new use for...." discussion

cant wait to see em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

Yeah it took some trial and error though. I didn't think of the foil until I permanently adhered a couple beads to a large crochet hook... oops.

soaring eagle said:

haha cool :)

was hoping this was a "i found a new use for...." discussion

cant wait to see em

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

speaking of crochet hooks and alternative uses (not 1 id recomend) they can be used for piercing

1 girl that joined in the last week or 2 was crocheting her dreads and the crochet hook went straight through her finger! had to go to the hospital and have it removed

ouch

and ppl claim theyg dont damage hair but wasable to impale a finger no problem

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

Oh my goodness... Ouch. I cut one in half and used it as a gauge once, but jeez...

soaring eagle said:

speaking of crochet hooks and alternative uses (not 1 id recomend) they can be used for piercing

1 girl that joined in the last week or 2 was crocheting her dreads and the crochet hook went straight through her finger! had to go to the hospital and have it removed

ouch

and ppl claim theyg dont damage hair but wasable to impale a finger no problem

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

can't wait to see the photos, sounds like you have some really awesome beads made up!

AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

Finally got my camera up and going last night, here's the pictures :)

Ashley F
@ashley-f
12 years ago
5 posts
Omg I was just gonna say PIX DO IT NOW. I really love the pokeball and the spiral the mostest. Very cool!
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

Thanks. I'm pretty proud of them. I'm working on a pikachu, but I can't get the tail right.

Ashley F said:

Omg I was just gonna say PIX DO IT NOW. I really love the pokeball and the spiral the mostest. Very cool!
Heather B
@heather-b
12 years ago
53 posts

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the two longer rainbowy ones! Uber cool! :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form