Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

bronners making my hair soft?

meakia miakinkoff-murzynsky
@meakia-miakinkoff-murzynsky
12 years ago
31 posts

I have been doing baking soda rinses with a little dr bronners...my hair seems really silky and is unraveling, is it the bronners?

updated by @meakia-miakinkoff-murzynsky: 01/13/15 09:21:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u have hard water bronners wioll make u sticky and oily

if not the acv makes u soft but shouldnt unravel

if your dreads are young some unvravelings to be expected

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
12 years ago
31 posts

I'll try not using the bronners next time, I'm cool with some unraveling, but it seems like half of my length ever time I wash. I have lots of loose hair, which I actually kinda like so that's fine and I'm sure they will make babies at some point, but re-twist ripping my ends every time is annoying.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i think re-doing them each time is slowing your progress, you are undoing anything they are trying to do. they need to loosen & change & move & go through stages. just let them unravel & they will work themselves back in.

meakia miakinkoff-murzynsky said:

I'll try not using the bronners next time, I'm cool with some unraveling, but it seems like half of my length ever time I wash. I have lots of loose hair, which I actually kinda like so that's fine and I'm sure they will make babies at some point, but re-twist ripping my ends every time is annoying.

12 years ago
31 posts

Ok so i figured out what is happening. If you go on youtube and look up the "no poo" people, they have untangled hair, but they only wash with baking soda and acv. they say that their hair got way softer and silkier when they started to do this. I think that is how my hair responds to it. Seriously, it always felt like my tips had conditioner in them. So I washed with trader joes tea tree vegetable tea tree bar soap (I have used it on my skin for awhile now and am confident that it is non residue) and my tips felt like actual hair when I was done :0) yay! Even though I am not redoing the unraveling that happened before I figured this out, I am confident that the tips will lock now.

ɥɐɾʞǝqsɐɹ redeyedreadi
@qs-redeyedreadi
12 years ago
29 posts
I can't use bronners or any shampoo on my dreads, I've had the same issue! I noticed my dreads would be soft and fluffy and would like you said, unravel! I just wash with pure water. Haven't even done a ACV or BS rinse for golly a long time!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form