Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

not going so well brahs!:(

KnottyKonner
@knottykonner
15 years ago
40 posts
Well, alright I don't know what to do. I live in Iowa and man I swear there is no one here with dreadlocks! So I was at walmart today and this guy said to me" what do you think your doing with dreadlocks? Are you trying to be black? Or a wannabe rasta?" I just walked away. But that's what I get all the time out here man!It makes me wanna cut them but I do not want too I'm almost a year in!I wanted mine to be like soaring eagles! You know how long they are and everything but idk brahs help me out I need support!
updated by @knottykonner: 02/06/18 07:59:11PM
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
if you didnt have dreads then theres a chance you might have become friends with that ignorant prick. And who wants friends like that?Seriously dont worry about what other people think. Makes life a whole lot easier
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
just laugh come on you gotta laugh at ignorance.. why get upset cause someone else is an idiot? ok maybe ya should have some compassion and feel sorry for em but certtainly shouldnt get upset about itor just say..dude how small is your world that you think only rastas have dreads? have you never left some small hick town before? millions of people have dreads dude and guess what..at least 1/2 are as white as you..just not as sheltered..if ya cant leave hickville at least turn on a tv once in awhile and expand your narrow horizionsbut ya know there are other dreadies in iowa make an iowa dreadies group and eventualy more iowa dreadies will find u in fact 1 secok thres not been alotta visits fromk iowa thats true (so far but then again none from north dakota yet either)buttheres been a few from 7 citieseverly and casy had more then des moinesits not all that acurate tho i mean only had 2 from vermont so far and lotta dreadies thereamsterdamn has lotsa dreadies and had less visits from theretheres dreadies out there and they probably feel alot alike ya iowa has never been known for openmindedness so..reach out to other dreasds near you ..make an iowa dready group hell then u can start local iowa drum circles and all get together ..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnottyKonner
@knottykonner
15 years ago
40 posts
Haha alright I'm not cutting thanks guys! I've decided once I turn 18 only four more years! I'm goin to Amsterdam! And weed is legal!
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
15 years ago
219 posts
Hang in there Brother and follow your heart, you know whats right for you, don't let some narrow minded dude push your buttons cause then you're just playing his game. I know thats easier said than done believe me. I've had hair down to my ass since the 60s and still have to deal with that kinda shit occasionally, it gets easier, but there's always gonna be assholes wherever you go not just in Iowa. I realize this aint much help man but I'm proud of ya for just walking away. namaste'
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
u do look good :)ya can also use other responces like "dreads are about universal love man, that knows no color" or turn the tables on him and say " what are ya racist/? u got a problem with black people and rastas?"

--
KnottyKonner
@knottykonner
15 years ago
40 posts
Haha I don't what to say to all you guys!But thanks!
KnottyKonner
@knottykonner
15 years ago
40 posts
Haha I don't what to say to all you guys!But thanks! I'm glad we have such a friendly envirment here!;D
KnottyKonner
@knottykonner
15 years ago
40 posts
Thanks man!

Lonnie Berg said:
Hang in there Brother and follow your heart, you know whats right for you, don't let some narrow minded dude push your buttons cause then you're just playing his game. I know thats easier said than done believe me. I've had hair down to my ass since the 60s and still have to deal with that kinda shit occasionally, it gets easier, but there's always gonna be assholes wherever you go not just in Iowa. I realize this aint much help man but I'm proud of ya for just walking away. namaste'
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
when they say that look at your arm confused and say "why am i getting a dark tan?"or.. really freak em out and say "what do you mean.. i am black, but an albino..and no that doesnt mean im trying to be white either..why would i wanna"or just the simple truth.. nope..just human bro.. humans dread if they are true to theyre nature...im just being me.. what are you suposed to be with your treatted tortured hair?unfortunatly anything inteligent ya say might just get ya in a fight ..so ya are better off just pretending u dont even hear em smole as ya walk off happy lewaving em behind in theyre ignorance Vaccine said:
everyone looks amazing in dreads! haha! :D
thanks SE!

i don't think i will ever understand people. they can say something negative to someone they don't even know. something along, "are you trying to be black?" that just tickles my mind how some people can let themselves say something like that.

--
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form