Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nice people

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

So I was at the Philadelphia Flower Show yesterday with my girlfriend and her mom. We were taking a little break when two middle aged black women walked up to me and begged me to let them take a picture of my hair. One said that her son wants locks, but his hair is about my texture, so she wanted to show him what they'd look like. She had short, maybe 5 inch long locks, but used wax and oils in hers. We got to talking, and she was blown away by the fact that I didn't need to use any products. They both felt my hair and were amazed. It was really cool. They loved how long they were, too.

I just wanted to share this with you guys. I never get bad comments about my hair except from my family. But it's nice to have strangers gush about how they love them.

updated by @baba-fats: 01/13/15 09:20:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u should have directed them here and told them why wax was so bad..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I mentioned the site. But I'm not one to start going off on someone I just met telling them how they were wrong. They'll find out when they find out. Hopefully they will join and see

Jackie C.
@jackie-c
12 years ago
34 posts
Cool story! 'Sounds like your dreads spoke for themselves. :)
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's kind of how I felt. If they were impressed with how mine formed with no wax, she might be willing to let her son grow his naturally too

Sussi
@sussi
12 years ago
84 posts

That is so cool! I also think that itis the best way to educate people, let them see (and feel) the result of what you want them to learn. :-)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form