Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey, I'm Rhia.

Rhia Marie
@rhia-marie
12 years ago
4 posts

Soo, I have a tendency for doing things on impulse. Dreads was one of them. I mean I've wanted them for a while, but I went to work on my head one night when I was bored and the rest of my family was sleeping. I like it, even though it's a nest right now. I started backcombing/palmrolling to get them started and now I am just leaving them to do what they will. I had bands in them but I took them out in like 10 minutes.

Anyways, I've gotten compliments on them and a few people asked for my number. On the other hand, my mom, my sister, and my niece aren't really fans and keep telling me to brush my hair before it's too late. Kinda discouraging but it's my choice and like it. They're staying for sure. :)

That's about it I guess. Namaste!

updated by @rhia-marie: 01/13/15 09:20:27PM
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

I'm not getting any familial support, either. My grandma nags me on a daily basis. 'Vicky, it just looks like you just don't brush your hair...' Well, grandma, I'm not; so... yeah.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well congrats on your journey

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

They'll probably come around when they get used to it. The messy stage puts off a lot of people I guess. I still get the, "it's been ages and it doesn't even look like dreads yet, just go to a salon" from my parents :\ but ah well. Enjoy every stage of it :)

Rhia Marie
@rhia-marie
12 years ago
4 posts

So far I've been enjoying it. I don't care what negative opinions I get because I knew it was bound to happen before I even started the journey. It's a mess right now, but I get happier as each day passes.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will make u happier all the time if u let em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form