dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Strange grease?

Katie Rose
@katie-rose
12 years ago
8 posts

well hello

Soo I'm really new at this and I was just wondering if having greasy roots is normal? Before I started dreading I washed my hair everyday and combed it obviously so I never noticed if my hair is really prone to getting greasy quick. I do the baking soda wash alternating with an organic residue free shampoo every 3ish days. The grease isn'tbothering me I was just wondering if thats normal, I'm just simply not used to it. Maybe I'm not letting the baking soda soak long enough? Or letting the shampoo get to the bottom layers of my hair? I'd love to hear from any one with input I'm sure I'm just being ridiculous haha

Have a beautiful day!

Kaite Rose

updated by @katie-rose: 01/13/15 09:20:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

whats the shampoo

but washing daily n[make u produce extra oils when u cut back it takes awhile to adjust and produce less

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Katie Rose
@katie-rose
12 years ago
8 posts

The soap is bronners peppermint, hm I never thought of that. Thats probably what it is! I know it hasn't been very long I just wanted to be sure I wasn't doing anything that was going to hold back progress

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hard water

;/ bronners will not work in hard water it will leave a sticky mess

try baking soda or www.dreadlockshampoo.com

bronners is great unless you git hard water and 85% of the country i think does

also bronners in the best water should br =e diluted 12 times more water then soap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I wash every 2-3 days with bs/acv and I notice my roots feel greasy too, even if I've just recently washed. I've been doing that washing cycle for almost 2 months now, so you'd think my scalp would be adjusted by now! :P It hasn't seemed to hinder the dreads so I don't think it's anything to worry about. :)
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
12 years ago
95 posts

When using baking soda you have to rinse very well to get all the dead skin out.

It works best with a high water pressure. Dead skin feels greesy and looks kind of white.

Check the sink after your wash. In my sink there is always that white creemy greesy stuff after

the rinse.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form