Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Aloe Vera Tea vs. Anti-malarial tablets (Mefloquine) for treatment/prevention of malaria

Amelia Nantume Marie Mayer
@amelia-marie-dreadybear
12 years ago
18 posts

Hey everyone! How's it goin?

So I have a question for my fellow dreadies.

Last year I went to Uganda, and took Mefloquine which is a complex, potentially harmful drug to prevent malaria. I fortunately did fine with it, didn't catch malaria, and didn't have any noticeable side effects. However, I recently found an article, and have listened to several trusted testimonies that say aloe vera is effective in treating malaria, and you will recover in about three days time.

I am very anti-chemical/artificial drug, and LOVE finding alternatives for these things. So naturally, I am really considering going to Uganda this year and NOT taking the anti-malarials. There is also a particular plant that I ate last time, and will eat this time. It is a preventative.

Anyway, I am seeking advice from people who have possibly traveled abroad to malaria infested areas without prophylaxis.

What I have been discussing with concerned friends and family is taking a supply of the prophylaxis with me, but not taking it unless I actually contract malaria, and it ravages me. In that case, from that point on I would take the meds for the rest of the stint. Otherwise, I would take my chances. My fiance and all of his family get malaria regularly. He gets over it rather quickly, and it doesn't do much damage to him. His sister and younger brother however sometimes require iv drip of fluids to rehydrate them. I have a pretty strong immune system, and although I have clearly never had malaria before, I feel like I would be able torecover quicklywith the herbs and teas.

What say YOU?

updated by @amelia-marie-dreadybear: 01/13/15 09:20:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it sure sounds better then dangerous side effects

im no expert tho i do preffer herbal treatments when possible

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amelia Nantume Marie Mayer
@amelia-marie-dreadybear
12 years ago
18 posts

Yeah, I am really leaning towards the aloe vera. Thanks for replying.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form