Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Never thought I'd say this but I want more loops and bumps!

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I'm having some sort of awakening lol... realized over the past week that instead of wanting to palm roll I'm staring at my dreads wanting to see more loops, bumps, zig zags, and it makes me laugh because I was the person having all this anxiety at the beginning, asking things like "They won't get REALLY loopy will they? They will go down over time, won't they?" and now I can't understand at all what I was worried about. I want them to look crazy. I CRAVE them looking crazy. And every time I see a new loop or bump that wasn't there before I'm like YAYYYYY! It's the oddest thing, I remember before starting my journey I would look at pics of people showing off their craziest dreads and think "uh oh, I hope mine don't do that" or "why do they like them that way?" and now I LOVE IT. I think it's so insanely beautiful and I can't WAIT for mine to shrink up and get more wild.

I'm only 5 weeks in and this journey is already changing me. I knew it would, but to really see such a profound change in myself in such a short time has really inspired me. I can't even relate to the person I was pre-dreads now... and this feeling of loving the process has made even more sure that dreadlocks are the path for me. I've never been so excited about my hair lol!

I'm sure a lot of you guys have had "this moment" but I still thought I'd share. :)

updated by @circle-dancer: 02/14/15 02:27:56AM
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Haha. I feel the same way. Every day I wake up to more loops is a good day. A few of my dreads have just exploded into loops and bumps. It's awesome. I do look forward to having mature dreads but I'm definitely enjoying the stage I'm in right now.

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

awesome. i enjoy my loops and bumps. other seem to think the way it looks makes it look dirty, and gross. people these days...

Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

I love all my loops and bumps but mine are all starting to disappear which i guess is a good thing but I'm starting to miss them lol but i think loops and bumps give dreads amazing character and helps us be able to really watch see all the progress we make in our journeys

loopy love!! :]

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i love this :) and never understood those ppl thart panic at loops and criochrt palm roll or (eeek) lock docta them away

loops are 1 of the most beautiful parts of the process

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Good for you. Mine are 5 years old and completely mature. But once in a while I see others going through that messy phase, and I kind of miss that part of the process

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Yes I'm going to enjoy it as long as it will last. :)

Carina Nicole
@carina-nicole
12 years ago
12 posts

i name my unusual dreads! they are my favorite. i love how the hair changes and twists.

the first few times i did dreads i waxed them, rolled them, tightened, hurt my hair and my scalp trying to get perfect locks. always fussing....

then i learned better. this time its all wild and crazy and oh so fun!

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
12 years ago
393 posts

You will have more. Some of your current loops and kinks may get larger. As SoaringEagle can attest to you will have new dreadlocks that form and go through the development phases all by themselves.

superstrut
@superstrut
12 years ago
7 posts
That is EXACTLY what is happening to me. I've been neglecting since t+r and each loop is a happiness. I thought I wanted the perfect locks and the first time to this site I thought no way, those loops are NOT what I want. The change in me has been profound. I love my hair for the first time in my life. I can't wait to wash it each time. It's amazing what hair can do to you. I am more confident and at peace with myself than I have EVER been in my life. I even see the world around me in a different light. All because of HAIR. I wouldn't have believed it two months ago if someone had told me this is what would happen.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form