Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A knotty mess

Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
12 years ago
28 posts

Okay so, I've had dreads for a year now. We backcombed them in, but never actually finished. >> Weird, I know. But its kind of a painful process. Most of my hair is dreaded, but the underneath that was never finished has become a huge rats nest. :( I'm not sure what to do. I tried to comb it out, but the brush got stuck in my hair. I think its impossible. Is there anyway I can like cut it apart and just let it become natural dreads or something? Because pulling it apart hurts so bad, and brushing isnt going very well either.

updated by @sierra-nicole: 01/13/15 09:19:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont see a problem can u post a better detail picture?

but ifg you mean the roots are all matted together or you have a massive dread i cant see then theres options but cutting will be a last resoprt

option 1

wet them thouroughly pull apartr if they wont release then spray olive oil or something on just the cionecting hairs try again

if not wiggle a finger or something under a few conecting hairs art a time use your other hand tio o "anchor' the hairs to the scalp that are pulling so it wont hurt or grip them so they dont pull the scalp now pull up and out pulling the hairs loose

if you get a few try ripping again

no luck? rep;eat till u release enough to get a good seperation

now as a final resort if olic=ve oil and wet and pulling a few hairs at s time wont do it then approach cutting them like brain surgery

pull the drads away from eachother apply tension and use an exacto por razor and snip or slice just a few hairs at a time be as careful as you would if your giving yourself surgery on your own eyevball

after slicing a lil try to rip again with olive oil

till u release enough to seperarte completely

then seperate often weekly at least

but i am not seeing what yiou mean so i cant say you even have a problem

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

my typings bad today i had to go to the eye dr and they made me all blurry and odd colored cant see straight at all

srry

hope you can decypher

--
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I realize brushing them out didn't work but have you tried soaking that part of your hair in conditioner, combing it out and starting over? Basically something like SE suggested? Brushing definitely won't work.

Although honestly, if it helps at all, I think your hair looks super cute as is. I get that it might be uncomfortable... but visually, it looks cool.

Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
12 years ago
28 posts

Well, its kind of a huge dread problem. The ends are straight hair but the roots are all matted together. I guess I will just have to tough it out and manage to get it apart, because cutting probably isnt a good idea. I tried to take pictures but it just kind of looks like straight hair, but if you touch it it feels dreaded. lol. I shouldnt have let it reach this point probably.

Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
12 years ago
28 posts

But thank you! :D I will try the olive oil if need be.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how big is the knotted area if not too big it will dreasd just seperate from other dreads but if yoyr getting like the hair helmet thing then yea u want to get euit all apart

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form